Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Quilting and Cooking with Moki!

I guess there is no escaping the cold that is going around, do not need to be sick right now. I got some more of my quilt done, though not as much as I would like, but it will get done.

I made this sunflower block, since my sister likes sunflowers and added a saying. I think it needs something in the upper part, but not sure what, maybe a few words like hope, strength?

Not a great color shot, bad light tonight and I am too miserable to try too hard;) This block was from a book by Jan Patek, called Say it with Flowers.


And I decided to make spaghetti for dinner, a good cold killer. I add hot pepper and a red pepper to my sauce, both great antioxidants. Before I knew it, Moki appeared and eager to help. Good thing I was done cutting and that was a piece I was throwing away;)


 Yesterday, the hawk was visiting. He perches on the tall tree in the back of my yard and watches the field below. Lots of field mice to keep him satisfied.


13 comments:

Jacque. said...

Lovely block. Moki on the cupboard!!! That hawk looks awesome...nice shot!

Linda said...

Moki looks like the perfect assistant in the kitchen! LOL! The hawk pic is awesome!

Fiona said...

Moki is having a good look in the mug... maybe looking for the cat on the side of the mug? I love the sunflower... they are always happy...
Hugz

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

I think the gift for your sister is perfect as it is.
I would love to see a hawk, falcon or eagle in my area. They are magnificent birds.
Your kitty likes to help, mine like to watch from across the room.
Funny kitties.
Hugs,
Susan

cucki said...

sweet block..and sweetest moki too..
the hawk is looking so lovely..
big hugs xxx

moosecraft said...

I love the sunflower block! Maybe stitch a bumbler bee with a swirling flight path? :-) Moki likes tomatoes.... my kind of cat! Great pic of the hawk! Feel better... that cold tends to linger for awhile...

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Kitty kisses on your dinner is another good antioxidant. :)

Love your block!

Libby said...

I have some hawk friends that I watch near my backyard too. I love that they are there to watch . . . . and keep the varmints at bay *s*

frontporchprims said...

Yes, Moki can cook. I need to train my cat to do that for me. The sunflower is cute. -Steph-

LenZie said...

I like the sunflower and a few embroidery words would be a nice accent to the block. Your quilt is going to be so beautiful and made by loving hands. hugs, LenZie

Susan said...

GREAT picture of the hawk. BTW, I love Moki's mittens!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Lovely quilt block and that Moki is a character!!!
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Anna said...

LOL...love the chef in Moki! Great shot of the hawk...they are amazing hunters aren't they! You sister is going to love the Sunflower, maybe quilt some sunrays coming off one corner?