Saturday, February 11, 2012

Messed up Angel Block:(

I should know better than to rush or think too much with my brain, lol.
I came up with an idea, use Jan pateks Emily angel quilt for the base of my quilt, just using some of the blocks and some filler blocks.

I made the first block and had room to add more and I figure, a bigger block, the faster I can make the quilt for my sister. But, I forgot what happened the last time I used red wool on tea stained fabric. Soooo.... now I have red shadows around the hearts. One idea is to use spot remover or something that takes out stains or add stitching around the heart area to mask the pink. Or I can make something else that covers those spots and take the hearts off, or cut really close to the words and chop it off there, so if any red is left, it will be in the border with the sashing.

 For now it is set aside while I think on it and I got another block done and working on the next. It will get done, maybe a bit messed up, maybe a bit whonky, but that means it will be a piece of me, to comfort her during the tough times;)


14 comments:

Brenda said...

Your sister will love your work even more because of the mistakes. I like to think that those hearts are just over flowing with love! :)

My prayers go out to her for a successful treatment. Bless you for making her such a heart warming gift!

Karen said...

Which of Jan's patterns is the angel from?

Barbara said...

Imwould try applying Oxy Clean with a q-tip.

Anonymous said...

I hvae to admit that I really like the pink around the hearts, it makes them glow! When I first saw the picture before I read the post I was wondering what you had used to color the background like that!

cucki said...

aww i love the angel and wording so much..from my heart..
yup..those heart are over flowing with love..looking so sweet..
please tell me from where you got the sweet pattern..?
love for you xxx

Betsy said...

I feel your pain. This has happened to me many many times.

moosecraft said...

Howzabowt taking off the red hearts, tea staining the whole piece and making it a heart shaped pillow? Or, use spot remover to get the red out and replace with fabric hearts? Love the saying and the design! Your sister will too!

Ter'e said...

Have you thought of using one of the Tide pens??? They work so well for me and my little boy......aka.......my husband!

Just a thought. The sweet little piece is darling, regardless. And, your heart was behind it.

Jan PATEK said...

Debbie - I'd try the Tide pen or Oxyclean with a qtip. If that doesn't work - how about doing a heart stitch in floss about 1/4" out and then stitch lines from the hearts to the stitching line - so the hearts are radiating love. Not speedy (and I know you want to get this done for yours sister - mine is having chemotherapy for breast cancer too) but I think it would look neat.
And Cucki the pattern comes from the Angels book which you can still order from my store.
Good luck.

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

I love what you've done with the blocks. I'm making lots of mistakes with my sampler but it makes it look sweeter.
Hugs,
Susan

frontporchprims said...

What about a Clorox pen? I have never used one so I don't know. Can you even wash it without it bleeding?
Your sister will love it no matter what. But, if you are a perfectionist like me, it won't matter:) It will have to be fixed:) So , good luck. It is coming along very nicely. I love the Angel. -Steph-

LenZie said...

Hi Deb, I love the Angel pillow and it is perfectly filled with love for someone so special. Keeping you in my prayers. Hugs

Allie said...

Oh my word Jan Patek commented on your blog - *swoon* Do try the Tide pen first, but really it just looks like the hearts are filled to bursting with love. This is a DARLING piece!

Anna said...

It like the hearts are giving out some love.