Monday, February 27, 2012

Angel Quilt Finished!

I finally finished the quilt yesterday. There are things I wished I had done differently and things I could change, but I needed to stop, so I can get it out. If I was making it for me, I would have done more quilting and taken the time to do the blocks, but I also want it to be soft so she can use it, so less stitching is better for this one.

I added some extra stitching around the hearts and some swirls coming out and then added a saying and words to the angel and moon block. Hopefully she will like it and it will comfort her when she goes through the tough days ahead.

The quilt was adapted from a pattern in the Angels book by Jan Patek.
I tried different lighting with the flash, but it didn't work as well, since I had to stand back to get it all.
I also hand stitched tan around the inner black border, but for some reason it isn't enlarging when I click on the photo?


21 comments:

Brenda said...

Lovely... It will be a beautiful gift! :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
It is truly a lovely quilt. I'm sure it will bring comfort to your sister. Prayers heading her way.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Robin Leuschen said...

That is so wonderful !! Quilters amaze me .... I would be so excited to receive that as a gift !!
Robin

Barbara said...

Very cute, Debbie!

Anna said...

so incredibly wonderful on so many levels!

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

So much love to wrap around your sister. I will pray for her and your family.
Hugs,
Susan

Fiona said...

It is lovely Debbie... all the colours have come together so well..
Hugz

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww it is so beautiful..
bih hugs xx

cucki said...

your sister and your family are all in my prayers..
love and blessings xx

moosecraft said...

It's simply beautiful! Your sister will love it!

The Vintage Seamstress said...

That is just beautiful! I have yet to aplique because I don't know how. But I love the look of that kind of work, especially primitive like yours. You should be proud of this piece, its just awesome.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

All that work, GREAT job!!

Linda said...

Congratulations!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I know your sister will treasure it. :-)

marie said...

Your angel quilt is beautiful. It will be something your sister will treasure. Prayers for her and her family.

Allie said...

Debbie it is just beautiful - she will love it, and I know it will give her great comfort. What a beautiful gift!!!

Beckyjean said...

Love it!!

Sharon said...

It turned out wonderful...love it! And I am sure your sister will treasure it and will feel so loved wrapped in her angel quilt. Precious!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Just beautiful and I'm sure she will LOVE it.

Carrie P. said...

Beautiful! congrats on your finish. It is a great gift.

Jacque. said...

Debbie, this is an awesome gift for your sister. How big did it end up being?

Carole said...

Beautiful quilt! I love it! Thanks for sharing!