Tuesday, May 31, 2011

This and That Tuesday!

I have been working on a new piece, I seem to be in a small, art quilt mode, lately.
This is from my gothic angels patterns and I wanted to try it in applique and I added a saying to this one.
I still have work to do, I will add some more embellishments and maybe stars and swirls with prim quilting for the background.
I was trying to do wavy strips, but I messed up, and had to resew to get the pouches out. I think this one would make a good cross stitch too, so will have to put in it my cross stitch maker and try it.



This is the wonderful prize I won in the Sew Mama Giveaway.
I was the lucky winner of Jane's Fabric and Quilts blog.
I got my choice of a yard of a Kona solid and five balls of Finca thread by Presencia.
I chose paprika, and it is so beautiful in person, perfect prim shade for an orange fall quilt or pumpkin appliques.
I am going to enjoy using my new goodies and the threads will be perfect for my art pieces.



And my yard is full of life. The butterflies were enjoying my Azaleas today.
This in the only flowering bush I have left, the rest died or got run into by the crazy lawn mowing husband;)

10 comments:

Jacque. said...

oh Debbie...that Kona paprika is wonderful...I have used it in a few quilts and it's a fab color! Congrats on winning!

Linda said...

Congrats on your win!! I really like the new project. I love the applique.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I just love these art quilts you're making. The new fabric looks beautiful...Congratulations on the win!
Courtney

julieQ said...

I am so happy for you and your win!! I really love those birds in your hanging...and what is a cross stitch maker? Sounds like I need one, LOL!!

Staci said...

Love your prizes! Good for you! I'm sure you'll make beautiful things with your winnings.

Such a beautiful photo of the flowers and butterfly. I love azaleas, such pretty colors.

Carrie P. said...

Congrats on your win. The thread looks like a dessert.lol
Your little project is so sweet. Nice verse too.

moosecraft said...

Paprika Kona.... oh YUM! Jacque got me hooked on the Kona... It's a great fabric! Love the art quilt!

Allie said...

Debbie it is GORGEOUS - I love that you put a bible verse in there, so perfect! Congratulations on a beautiful win, that's a great color.
Your azalea is lovely, my mom had an enormous one outside our front door - every morning she emptied the coffee grounds around it and it LOVED it. I miss that bush!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Congratulations on the win! Enjoy the kona and threads. Such a great quilt piece and loved the saying.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I like the saying you added to your art quilt. Congrats on your win!!!