Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Creations and Gifts!

Today I was in the mood to try machine quilting. I found this wonderful dog pattern at Angie's Bits and Pieces. I thought it would be a fun one to practice on and I will be adding other items as I go along. I didn't do too bad for my first try at following the edge with my star foot. I am thinking that this might be a good piece to donate to our local shelter for their auction. When I found Moki, they took care of all the shots and spaying, for free, so I like to help them out with the auction.



A new friend, Chris Wheeler sent me this wonderful fabric postcard for Easter. I love how she used paper with scripture in the background. I have always wanted to try them myself and she was sweet enough to send me some precuts to make my own. This will be great for practicing my machine skills with, as well. Chris also has some wonderful contests, so be sure to visit her blog.



And I thought I would show you my win from Minick and Simpson. I won a jelly roll of their new fabric line, American Banner Rose. It isn't even out yet, so was thrilled to have won. I am thinking of making two smaller quilts with it. One from the new magazine, Primitive Quilts and Projects and maybe an americana one.



And another blogging friend is sending me one of her art panels. Fannie Narte does such beautiful work with her fabric paintings, I just love the designs. I want to make a purse or tote, so this will go into something I can use for my things when I go to classes someday. Visit her blog and you will be inspired. The panel's name is, "Surround yourself with Magic".
And if you haven't already, don't forget to leave a comment for my Giveaway!

8 comments:

Linda said...

That jelly roll looks gorgeous! Congrats on your win!

Allie said...

Oh that is cute Debbie, how great to donate to the auction. I love the postcard too, I need to try this myself, I think it would be fun to do something so small. That art panel is so gorgeous! I'll have to check out her link. Congrats on your win, I love their fabrics - I'll have to look for this one when it comes out!

moosecraft said...

Congrats on the jelly roll win!!! You lucky duck! Can't wait to see wait to see what you stitch up with it! Great idea to donate a handmade for the auction! The postcard is very clever!

P.S. This post is missing a Moki picture... ;-)

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Beautiful jelly roll! I can't wait to see what you design with it! I love the card. My friend does collage and I really like the depth of creativity it has. We taught the kids in my classroom to make tags...they loved it.
Great little applique!
Courtney

Jacque. said...

Debbie. Congratulations on winning the jelly roll giveaway! I love jelly rolls...can't wait to see what you do with it. That dog is too cute. Everything you showed is awesome!

~Madalynne~ said...

Never a dull moment on your blog . . . always interesting! Never saw a fabric postcard before. And of course, I LOVE the Jelly Roll. I bought a Moda quilt kit several months ago that has a jelly roll and I can't bring myself to unroll it.

Firecracker Kid said...

Ah wow, what pretty creations and clever art ideas. Yay for you winning that jelly roll! I look forward to seeing what you do with that:) Interesting painting on the fabrics... something I might enjoy trying.
Carol

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Catching up once again. Love your dog piece and will stay tuned to see how the quilting goes.

How nice someone sent you the postcard too.