Monday, September 13, 2010

Trick or Treat Stitchery!

I finished a new piece today, one for me.
I needed something smaller for my wall rack and loved this design.
The design is by Primitive Blessings, which is my new favorite place to visit.
I don't like how the stain came out, it is way too dark, so I will spritz it down tomorrow and let some stain lighten and some will drip and give it a more aged appearance. I used dmc pearl cotton for the stitchery and dmc floss for the background stitching.
The blobs are stars that go in a swirl and then I added leaves to fill in the rest. I think I would like to do this one in wool applique with stitching in a larger version, it is a fun piece to do.

9 comments:

paulette said...

It's gorgeous...and your hand quilting is beautiful!! So sweet!! I will have to check out that new site...thanks for sharing!
Paulette

Jacque. said...

You do lovely work! I no longer have patience for this type of work...wish I did.

Yvonne Cormier said...

I love it! You did a great job! I love doing stitcheries.. they are so fun ....

primitivebettys said...

Another great one! :)

Lori said...

Ah, that is really cute!!

Unknown said...

It's fun to do something for ourselves once in awhile!!
Your stitchery is adorable. I will have to check out Primitive Blessings site.
Judy

Kim D. said...

This is adorable!!

Cindy said...

First of all, I apologize for not getting over here more often. I LOVE your blog. And your posts lately of "Fall", "pumpkins" and such make me SMILE !!!

Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Flippin cute but then I love all the stuff you make and especially the little needlepunches...oh you are good!