I finally made something for myself, something simple and took no thought, whatsoever.
I bought a prim wire basket and twiggy stuff and this week I made a Hen and eggs to go in it.
I used tan ticking for the Hen and red,blue and green for the eggs.
I used a pattern I found in an old library book and redid a few things, made us some egg shapes, sewed them, stuffed them and voila, easy decoration;)
"Can you imagine if that chicken actually laid eggs that big"
And that is Dora's butt.
I grunged them up with walnut and a bit of java spray. I buy the sprays from the scrapbooking supply area and mix it with a bit of water, it is dark, as is. Plus, by wetting the items first, it helps the stain to go into the material and soak into areas to get the blotchy look. Most antiques have water damage, so if you want to get a good prim look, water will give a more natural aged look.
This weekend I was lazy, I am working on a little cross stitch. I did start out with a pattern, then went crazy as usual and added my own things;) All I had was 18 count and my eyes are blurry. Today I hit Jo anns and found some nice linen/aida on sale, so that will be better to work on for projects.
Today we got snow, tonight we are getting more snow. Anywhere between 10 and 12 inches. I am not going to shovel, I am not going to shovel........
Oh, Scrap! Blog Hop Continues
16 hours ago