Monday, April 16, 2018

Weekend finish and finds!


We were supposed to be camping this weekend, but it was windy and cold yesterday and today we got rain and wind, so I cancelled this trip. Hopefully the next one will bring us better weather, not fun to camp if I am stuck in the trailer all day.

I wanted to try some wool starfish and I love how they came out, but I couldn't get a decent photo, you can never get the look with wool and floss, especially with flash. I modeled them after real starfish and the actually colors, and I had the perfect lime green in my thrift stash.

I added a little stuffing and used a colored blanket stitch to mimic the border color on the starfish. They are easy to do and would make fun bowl fillers too. You can just draw out the starfish by hand or use a coloring book template, then have fun with the colors or look at real starfish online.


On Saturday we took advantage of the beautiful weather. I was surprised that there weren't that many people at the beach, but that means more glass for me, lol. We hit the tide just right and even when it goes out, the waves come up at different heights and crash against the slopes, and drop glass off. I was able to walk up and down a section and catch glass as it was swept up, so I got a nice haul this time. Bill was too lazy to bend, so he sat in the rock piles and dug for glass, he found me the pink heart. Some of the larger pieces are around 3", so you can tell what sizes they are.

My big find was the round one in front, that is a cobalt blue glass, a rarer find. We also did some shopping and I got a plastic container with compartments, so I am putting some glass by types, then I can bring it upstairs and play with design ideas. Another great find this week was a large white, rusty pail, with a blue lip, the perfect garbage can for my beach room.



8 comments:

julieQ said...

Ohhhhh you are right! That blue piece is so, so pretty!

Sandi said...

That green piece almost looks like a parrots head! You could find some of your colours to be the wings, tail and body for one of your collage pieces.

What a great haul Debbie!

Quiltermary said...

Star fish are sew cute.

Kate said...

Love the starfish, Debbie!

Fiona said...

I love your starfish.... and a great glass haul this week...

Hugz

Karen said...

The detail work on the starfish make them look so much like real ones.

Raymond Homestead said...

Cute little starfish!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Another haul of glass. WOW!
Fun little starfish.