Monday, April 30, 2018

Weekend camping!


We were supposed to have a nice weekend, then it changed to rain, but we lucked out and it was nice, most of the time. Today the rain held off but it was freezing at the beach, but that didn't stop me, lol. I had gloves and a hooded hat to keep my face warm. Even so, I still got cold, so we stopped and took a break and came back when more of the tide was out.

I really didn't expect to find much at this beach, have been going there for years, but never for glass. I was pleasantly surprised to find so much and secret places to find glass that was rounded and polished.

I had to much to lay each one out, lots of weird pieces and lots of beautiful sea glass, so tomorrow I can sort it out, and store it in the appropriate jar. I am not sure what I will do with the bottle, but I have a friend who does beautiful art with glass and melded one into her stained glass piece, so maybe I will share the larger glass with her or get creative and try something myself. I do have an idea for my first piece, so I will work on that, this week.


Our camp was nice, a few people, but not crowded. We had a beautiful view of the inlet and at night, we watched the sun set and the lights shining across the water.


We tried to watch the sunset from the beach, but the fog took over. Luckily we just had to turn around and see this beautiful view of the moon over the lighthouse.


We spent most of the day, at the beach. We had miles of beach to walk and portions where the glass could be found, so lots of exercise and fresh air. We got to enjoy watching the sandpipers running around the beach, they rarely stay still.


Another thing we found along one stretch of beach was, clams, hundreds of them and these are easily, 6" in size. The tide washes them in and they just sit on the beach and die, what a shame. The seagulls will eat them, but it seemed they were more interested in fighting over the crabs.


Even with the cooler weather, we had a nice time and enjoyed nightly fires. No sewing got done, we were all too tired at night to do much buy sit and go to sleep. Even Bean was tuckered out, hours and miles of beach play and he was out for the night. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.


8 comments:

Sandi said...

Great selection of glass, love that blue bit!

Your sunset is gorgeous! Even the fog rolling in looks good,

Glad you ended up with sine good weather albeit on the cool side. Had fun with higher design plan.

Julie Fukuda said...

Glad the rain held off. You really got some nice sea glass and the scenery is outstanding too. Nikko went to scout camp and fell asleep on the front seat on the way home. Except for color and place, looking much like Bean.

acorn hollow said...

Looks like you had a great time in spite of the weather
Cathy

Allie-oops Designs said...

Looks like the perfect weekend to me!!!

Kate said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful! Nice photos, Debbie.

Raymond Homestead said...

Beautiful views, glad Bean had fun!

Lady Locust said...

Wow! What a bounty. Glad the weather held out for you.

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a fun weekend!