Friday, April 6, 2018

Friday Finish!


My finish today was supposed to be my stocking quilt. I need to put sashings on the new ones and then put them together. That way I can see how large it is and if I need more, I think I will just keep it as a large lap quilt.

But, my shoulder went out and I have a bit of a flu bug, so I decided to work on a punch needle. I enjoy doing punch since there is little work to put one together and I have all my floss in boxes so I can sit and relax, without having to look for things.

This design is from Tonya of Mad Hen Primitives, in the Spring 2016 issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects. It is a rug hooking pattern so I scanned in the finished photo and drew from design from that. I added the words for fun, something happy to work on.

I was doing well until my needle broke, the little plastic sides that hold it in the holder. So, I found another and was working but then the holder broke. Luckily I have two, so I used the other, but with the bad needle, I realized after that the punching is a different height, but it still looks ok. I had Bill order me a new one with prime so it comes in tomorrow. I do miss punching and designing, so maybe while I am camping I can come up with some new designs.

We plan on camping next weekend, today it was snowing again, lol. But, the weather looks nice on Saturday and Monday, and maybe rain on Sunday, so I am hoping it stays away. Hopefully I can get my quilt together this weekend so I can hand quilt it at camp.

The pillow is 5 1/2" x 5" and finished off with a piece of rug yarn. I bunch it up, as I sew it on to get the bumpy edge.


10 comments:

julieQ said...

How beautiful! Your post made me happy!

Kate said...

Bee Happy is a beauty, Debbie! You've had snow again - so have we - such a crazy spring this year. I'm envious that you're going camping - there is still a couple of feet of snow at our cabin. Have a good weekend.

Sandi said...

When I saw your bee On Facebook. I wanted to ask where you found the pattern and here thi have provided all the information. Thanks it's is wonderful, now I have to look in my back issue and find it. I even know where they all are...bonus.

I hope your shoulder feels better soon. Hope your weather improves for the weekend.

Lady Locust said...

That is adorable! I like the words 🐝

www.waynebarbersracechatter.blogspot.com said...

Thank You, for sharing another great post, Wayne and Sue Barber

Saundra said...

I have the needles, the small punch frame with grippers and plenty of floss. One day when there is no rug pattern ready to put on my frame perhaps I'll pull my supplies out and punch again. Cute pillow.

Fiona said...

your bee cushion is lovely. I hope your shoulder feels better soon and the weather behaves for you to go camping...
Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a happy piece 😊😊😊

Ariane said...

It’s gorgeous!! Love it!

Allie-oops Designs said...

That's adorable!! Hope you feel better soon - I'm having a touch of flu at the moment as well. UGH.