Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday this and that!


Another week of projects that haven't gotten finished, but no hurry, and some weeks I just can't push like I usually do.

One thing I did was start painting the rocks I found, a few finished and more than a few, not finished. The lyme is affecting my eyes this week and my arm is still messed up, so it is slow going and I end  up making more messes, and having to fix them, so I do what I can and take a break.

These I did freehand, two are Laurel Burch designs, I have a couple of her quilting books. The other I just drew up, using my quilting chalk pencil. That is nice since I can draw on the design to see how it looks and not worry about following lines since the chalk disappears.


Then I started with one batch and decided to do them all. At this point, I just want to get them done and put the supplies back into my beach room. I have a million things to finish and projects I want to do, so time to get working on my quilting and I need that table back. Painting rocks is fun, but time consuming when you are slow, so later I can do more and maybe do some folk art designs that are simpler. I think doing pumpkins for halloween would be fun and easy to do.

You can see I have some odd shapes, and my brain wasn't working, so I have to remember to relax and just enjoy it and not try so hard, kids will love them.


I also started a punch needle. A free design by, The Old Tattered Flag. Here is the back, not very pretty, but much better on the front;) I wanted it to look like brick on the house, but brighter than I wanted, good thing for walnut stain, that will go on to dull them down and blend them into the house.


And the animals keep me busy, Bean always wants to play and the kitties leave tons of hair and dirty litter boxes for me to clean. But, moments like this, sharing dinner with Bean. Moki is like Bean, he thinks everyone should love him and he loves to say hi to company.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am hoping to get out more this weekend, great weather for the beach.


9 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

You're off to a great start on the OTF freebie! Looking forward to seeing your finish!

Julie Fukuda said...

Just love all those projects. It doesn't hurt to take your time ... though I know about getting things put away.
Those pets are just too much! CUTE!

kelley said...

love the "kids" getting along with each other!your punch needle is coming along great...sent most of my supplies to my sister a few weeks ago...such a nice feeling to clean up after creating then start messing it up again...

Saundra said...

I like the freebie you are working on but already have 3 rugs in progress which need to be finished first.

Sandi said...

Love your whale and baby rock, they all look great!

Your house and pumkin is looking womderful, I went and checked out the design and I may need to try this one.

Have a great weekend!

Carol Swift said...

I'm a huge fan of Laurel Burch's designs...love the rocks! It's nice to see you keeping busy with so many beautiful projects in spite of the effects of lyme.

acorn hollow said...

my daughter said she found a painted rock and on the back was a facebook page and you log in and say where you picked it up and where you put it down. She said her rock had come from Alaska she took it to Diana's bath and left it.
such a great idea.
I wish I could get the hang of punching like everyone else I seem to have a huge issue
Cathy

Karen said...

I like your new needlepunch project. Good for fall. And I like the lighthouse and the boat painted rocks. Interesting idea to paint the rocks. And maybe put a couple back in the wild for others to find. Maybe one with an angel?

Allie-oops Designs said...

Your rocks are just awesome - I can just imagine the excitement when kids find them!! Love your punchneedle piece! Hope you feel better soon and the Lyme dies down...