Friday, July 21, 2017

Working on!


I haven't done a lot the last week, way too hot to do much, even with the air on. I have been working on my stitchery from Kathy Schmitz. It is large, so lots of work but it is a fun project to work on and relaxing.

I decided to add some color, not sure who I will gift it to yet, but I like a change from all black, so some red, gold, a bit of brown and a pop of blue for the birds, is what I am thinking. I put my initials on, but I can get rid of that when I do the rest and then I can erase it with water.



I have been watching the local campground for openings and found one for this week, right on the water. The bad thing is, we can't get in until Sunday and only able to stay a few days, but that is good, since I just want to get away and relax and that is the perfect place. The other bad thing is, they are talking rain on monday, so I am hoping it is a quick shower or heads in another direction.

I guess the local camp is special to me since I have been going there since I was little. There were less camp sites and less people in those days. I loved the water, that is me, standing in the water with my sister swimming next to me and the others are coming in.



When Billy was old enough, I went camping with him in a little tent, with my parents. All I needed was something to sleep in, my mom did all the cooking. We also took my nephew and he was great with Billy. Sadly all my old photos seems to be going blurry, I guess I better scan them in, before they are gone.



And of course we took the kids, this is a montage of different years. They loved camping and swimming here since it is shallow at the beach, just right for the little ones. This time it will be just Bill and me and of course Bean. Bean loves it here too, he can go swimming and paddling with us, his favorite things to do. Since we are on the water, he can play anytime he wants, while we relax. We plan on going until Tuesday night, so I may not be posting until I get back, it will depend on the rain, on Monday. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


6 comments:

Sandi said...

Lovely job so far on your stitching Debbie. Love the old photos, I find it interesting how the colour ones don't seem to stand up as wrk, as the black and white ones. I've got a couple of old Polaroids that are black and white that are close to 60 years old and still look great!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a fun stitching! Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

You are working on one of those Kathy Schmitz designs that takes a while. I haven't worked on the blocks for quite a while that are from one of her sets of stitchery patterns. Maybe on vacation.

Anonymous said...

Very nice stitching! I think I need to go check on my old pics and see how they are surviving!

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love those pictures of your children, Deb...so, so precious! I hope the weather is good for you...most of the time the weather forecasts are wrong....so hoping this is the case for you....we've been getting storms for the past three nights....NOT.....we haven't had one drop of rain....

Your stitcheries are really sweet! Have fun camping!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love seeing all the old photos!
I hope the weather cooperates.
Your stitchery is coming along nicely.
Lauren