Monday, June 26, 2017

Anniversary Camping!


Well, we made it back, the week seemed to go by too quickly, but it is nice being at home and having my modern conveniences again. I went tired, spent the week tiring myself out and been going non stop since we got home, so I am tired, lol.

Since we did a lot and I have lots of photos, I will be doing more blogs this week of our adventures. Today I will give you the low down on the camp. First we had a beautiful spot on the water with wonderful views. The bad thing was, it was so foggy the first few days that we couldn't enjoy the views and the fog was so thick, it was like rain and we were cold and everything was wet.

Of course Bean had no problem with that, the minute we got there and he saw the beach, he was ready to go, he loved playing and exploring. Another wonderful thing about Old Quarry is, he is a dog lover and Bean could go off leash anywhere he wanted, as long as he behaved. Of course Bean was thrilled to have the freedom and meet lots of new people and their dogs.

If you would like to see a video of our camp and the surrounding area, you can go to my YouTube Video. I have others, but need to put them up.


We had come here because it is a kayaking center, and there are islands all around to explore.  I was not sure I could handle a long paddle and the fog was not something I wanted to get lost in. But, lots of others were going out and enjoying the area, I do wish I had longer since I was feeling better by the end of the week.


The fog did lift and one morning we were up to see the lobster men, putting in their pots.


On our anniversary we had dinner on the dock and a wonderful view, as well as lobster fresh from the ocean.


And with the fog ending, we got to enjoy a beautiful sunset from the docks. Even with the fog, we were able to get out for walks and exploring, further inland. We also got to do a few things that we missed on previous trips, as well as find some fun new places, so I hope you will come back and follow along, as I post more this week.

I really enjoyed camping at Old Quarry, but it would be better in warmer weather, which is why they are always booked. The other down side was, the owner just had lung surgery and our camp fire goes straight to his bedroom, so no fires after 9pm. That is when we like to relax and just sit by the fire and with the cooler air, I really missed having one. It just wasn't worth having one while it was light out and then have to put it out. The other bad thing was, everything is far away, so we spent more time traveling than I would have liked. I hope everyone had a wonderful week!


6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

So glad you had a good time no matter what the weather was.
Cathy

Julie Fukuda said...

I don't think I would want to paddle out in a fog and get lost.Certainly it was a great spot regardless of weather glitches. Now I hope you can catch up on your rest time.

Rugs and Pugs said...

In spite of the down sides, it looks like a wonderful place to camp. I look forward to seeing more of your adventure.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Karen said...

I saw a lot of your pictures and video on Facebook. Looks like you had a good time. Isn't Maine always on the cool side?

Kate said...

I so enjoyed hearing the waves on your video - such a beautiful spot but it looked cool. Too bad it wasn't warmer especially when camping.

Sandi said...

Haven't been reading blogs this week so I have to catch up with your adventures. Interesting foggy themes. Love the colours of the lobster boat.