Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday This and That!


I had a slow weekend, no shopping since I was too miserable to go out and I don't like making others sick with what I have. The good thing is, better to get it now, then at Christmas;)

I decided to make a rag wreath and used material that I didn't mine ripping up. I put my two wool cardinals and a twig of berries, onto it and instant prim wreath. They are fun to make and a nice thing to do while resting and watching tv.

The cardinals were made with a pattern by Apine Industriose with a few changes by me.



I also wanted to try some paper snowflakes. I do make paper cuttings and intricate snowflakes and cuttings, but I wanted a simple way with just cutting and having fun. I found a nice tutorial  from First Palette on how to fold the paper for cutting and they also have a section with templates that you can use. The sad thing is, I am no good at cutting this way, my brain takes a turn and I end up cutting the wrong way and messing up, but fun to try. The one on the upper right is supposed to be christmas trees and angels. A good rule to remember is, if you are cutting shapes, cut or draw only half the shape on your paper, then it will come out like a round head, instead of a double bird head. The smaller star is one I bought, it has crystals so the sun hits them and throws rainbows around the room.



Bean still keeps me busy, I have come to realize that I just have to put him in the cage when I need a real rest break so I don't have to worry about what he is doing. Today he was good and took naps while I rested, tonight he was back in high gear. I tend to eat a lot of snacks and Bean loves anything I eat, so far. Tonight we had yogurt and he got a frozen chicken piece as a treat. Nice snack for him to much on and gives him something to teeth on.

As you can see by his face, he ate his yogurt out of the container, good to the last lick.



10 comments:

Karen said...

You are a creative snowflake cutter.

Carol Swift said...

My hand cut snowflakes NEVER looked that good...wow! They are beautiful and so is that wreath. I hope you feel better soon!

Kate said...

Love your rag wreath and cardinals and your snowflakes are beautiful! Bean steals the show. :) As usual you have the most interesting links and I thank you. Hope you're totally well really soon.

Saundra said...

Bean is so dang cute with yogurt whiskers! My boy Ben has looked like that too, so funny. Hope you feel better soon.

Saundra

gracie said...

Paper snowflakes...how much fun? Love the rag wreath...

Lynn Barbadora said...

I love your wreath. It is a great way to use scrap fabric you might not have used otherwise. When my kids were small a friend of mine who was a pre-school teacher gave me a huge packet of snowlake designs to cut out. I kept the originals and would print out duplicates to make with my kids. We then hung them around the house and put them on the tree and packages. They loved it. BEAN is just so cute!

Julie Fukuda said...

For a "bad" weekend, you got a lot of pretty stuff done. Bean is so cute and growing fast.

moosecraft said...

Awwww... Bean is so cute! :-) Love the wreath and the snowflakes! You are so much further ahead than me with the decorating! Glad you are feeling better!

Miccosukee said...

Don't worry about your snowflakes. If I remember, no two are alike so whatever you cut out is fine. Get well soon. I am still suffering from some crud for the fourth week.

I understand how a puppy loves to have your complete attention, but I think you meant to say you put Bean in his crate, not his cage. My life has always been easier when my dogs were crate trained.

trisha

Allie said...

That wreath is very cool - love the cardinals in it! And wow my snowflakes always look like they're done by a first-grader, lol, yours are wonderful. I think it's a great idea to crate Bean when you need a break - it gives him time to calm down too.