Monday, September 1, 2014

Holiday Weekend!


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. For me it means staying home and away from the crowds of people that hit the roads and the beaches to get in that last minute summer holiday. This week will be my fun week. Bill is finally taking time off so we can get out for some fun and the weather will be perfect.

I did have a fun day with my grandson. Time with him brightens up my day and he always makes me smile, he is just so happy and lovable that you can't help but be happy, along with him.

Since it was so hot, I sat him on the edge of the pool and he loved kicking his feet in the water. Last time he cried when I put him in, so we just sat and played a bit.



Then he started leaning forward and splashing his hands so we decided he was ready to go in. Of course I didn't have my suit on, so I jumped in with my clothes on, lol. He loved kicking and having me pull him around in the water.



Last week I took a photo and forgot to put it up. I have a few bunnies that visit and a couple of them stay close and know I won't hurt them. I took a photo of this little guy with my zoom and I didn't realize, until I saw the photo, that he must have escaped being coyote food. Better a piece of ear, than becoming the main course;)


16 comments:

paulette said...

Sweet photos of times with grandma!! Life is good!

Fiona said...

a lovely way for you and Nick to spend a summer day....
I avoid the crowds during holidays too...
Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

What sweet pictures. How lucky he is to have you for a grandma!
Hugs :)
Lauren

The Rusty Thimble said...

Your grandson is adorable
Have a wonderful week
Brenda

Allie said...

Oh my goodness he is so adorable! I hope you enjoy your week Debbie!

Soggibottom said...

How do grandchildren grow up so fast :-) ?
Great photo of the lucky rabbit too. AW, want to jump in that pool too :-) x x x

Soggibottom said...

How do grandchildren grow up so fast :-) ?
Great photo of the lucky rabbit too. AW, want to jump in that pool too :-) x x x

Saundra said...

I love my bunnies too and yes it was a lucky bunny. There are red tail hawks which live in this wooded area and think they've given birth to youngsters which is making bunny visits less frequent. Oh well, the cycle of life isn't always pleasant.

Saundra

acorn hollow said...

Your grandson is darling! And look at him enjoying the water.
Does the bunny get in your garden?
He is cute through.
Cathy

Dawn said...

He is just the cutest little guy! How fun to swim with him. That poor bunny, he must have quite a tale to tell with that ear.

Anna said...

the little guy is soooo cute!

Melody said...

Your grandson is such a sweetiepie. Glad the bunny got away too.

Deborah OHare said...

Love the photo of you and your gorgeous grandson.

primitivebettys said...

He is just cute as can be! You are such a proud Granny for sure! :-)

Carrie P. said...

good way to spend your weekend.
I have a bunny that hangs out around my backyard. I have a fence around the garden so he gets to stay around. But I am surprised that a hawk hasn't gotten him yet.

HomeSpunPrims said...

He's adorable Debbie! Enjoy your week. Hugs, Lori