I finally finished my rug, I got all of the outside hooking done today. It is a good sized rug, 36" x21". Mine is an inch wider than the actual, guess I over hooked as usual;) It was a kit by Mad Hen Primitives and came with all of the wools precut. I did not have enough to finish the background and went a bit lighter. I like how it came out, looks like someone who used what they had to make a rug and gives it a more primitive look.
Since I tend to be a bit tight in my hooking, it curls a bit. I lay the rug on a towel and then use another towel, that I dampen and place that on the rug. I use a steam iron and steam it until it lays flat, but it still needs more. I will wait till I bind it, then I will re-steam it, before I hang it.
I lightened it up a bit, so you could see the details.