Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ABC's Stitcheries!

I decided to carry the ABC theme in a few pieces to group together.
My bad angles make things look more warped than they really are, lol.
This wall needs to be painted, so I just stuck them up there for now, but everything needs to come down soon, so will redo the decorations on that wall again.



Here is a closer look at the K is for Kitty.
The stitcheries are done from old illustrations.



Here is the pillow I made to go with them. I might do some more, it is fun doing the alphabet. I might try some with color, like an old children's book. I also have been collecting ones I find with animals and kids and some play ones. I would like to do them into a quilt.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love your stitching!!

Linda said...

Stitcheries are darling! I really like the look of the pillow displayed on the shelf.

Allie said...

I adore these! I have a ton of old illustrations I've saved to turn into stitcheries. I need more hands and more hours!

moosecraft said...

Love it! Great idea to carry the alphabet through... and also the vintage children's illustrations... love it!

acorn hollow said...

they are just so sweet! I love them.
cathy

Lori said...

They are very sweet!

~Madalynne~ said...

These are so darn CUTE! I love things done in a series . . . it makes it fun to put a vignette together.

Karen said...

Would make a wonderful quilt!

Soggibottom said...

The kitty and child would look great on a quilt Debbie. Trouble is depends on large the quilt. :-) Bed size and everyone thinks they can sit on it when you are quilting :-) :-) :-) x x x

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I love the idea of these little illustrations on a quilt! They'd look great.
Beautiful work!
Courtney

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow Debbie - don't know where you come up with your ideas, but they surely are wonderful...LOVE these little stitchin's! They would make a precious quilt! Smiles & Hugs, Robin

Carole said...

I am just amazed at the amount of project you finish! Your stitching is amazing! I love your work! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!