Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday's Stroll!

Blessings come in the little things and for me, in the nature and beauty around me.
Today we went for a walk at Rome Point, a great place for me to get some exercise and to enjoy a beautiful day.

It is still cool enough for the seals to be in the bay. They come out when the tide is down, to sit on the rocks, but it was still high when we went. There was enough room for two seals to enjoy some fun in the sun.



I wish I could get a better close up, but I have to use full zoom to see them. In the summer when we paddle, they are gone.



After we go to the point, we walk the path that goes around the inner cove and into the woods. The area used to be a farm, so there are stone walls and remnants of old buildings scattered about the grounds. We took a new path and I found a tree spirit;)



And on another path we explored, we walked through areas of huge rocks that were shaped by the glaciers. And then we entered a bramble area and were delighted with a family of deer. I don't think they were used to people walking on these paths, and disappeared into the thicker areas. I hope you enjoyed a walk with me today.

12 comments:

Linda said...

Such gorgeous photos! What a delightful surprise to see the deer!

Anonymous said...

GREAT Pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

Allie said...

What a beautiful area to walk Debbie. I love the seals and the deer, and that tree spirit - wow! Reminds me of the Ents in Lord of the Rings!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love the tree spirit! A little gift to you on your walk!

acorn hollow said...

so wonderful to take a nice walk. I just saw that it is Rhode Island. My daughter went to the URI and her off campus housing was a beach house Not many kids go to college and live in a beach house.
Cathy

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Thanks for sharing your walk with us! What a beautiful area. I love the spirit tree--I used to love to pretend about fairies and such as a young girl.
Courtney

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Ahhh, nature. Wonderful shots! How lucky you are to live so closely to it.

Berit said...

Commenting on Recent blogs:

Moki is outrageous--he's the type that makes you say, "that cat's a lunatic!" So much fun! :D I always enjoy your pics of his hijinks. :D

Ugh, Ebay! I find the fees DOUBLY annoying because they don't invoice you for them until the term ends, usually "a month later". And, it isn't a proper bill that you can pay, instead it's an advisement that they're going to take the money whenever they feel like it during a specified window. What cheek! :P I pay it myself when I get the notice, but you have to nav. through about 4 screens to do so! And it's always so much! Sigh. I hadn't heard they were adding a new fee to shipping, gonna have to look into that. It may be the end of me using them to clear my closet (and bolster my computer fund), too.

Ooh; love your quilt kit win! Congrats. :D

Glad your machine is back--that cabinet getting-into is wild! :o

What a cool seal sighting! I've never seen any in the wild up close like that.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Talk about a spooky tree!! Love the pics!

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh you fortunate soul. So much beauty! So you get to see the wildlife too? Cool! Doesn't it just put you in awe? It does me these days.
Hugs!Carol

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Thank you for taking me along!

Carole said...

Love the tree! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!