Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rooster Stitchery Mat!

I finished my mat today, one project at a time.
I found the pattern for the rooster at NeedleCrafter.
There are a lot of wonderful stitchery patterns that you can use for free and they make great gifts too.
After I added the border, I realized there was empty space, so even after I cut it down a little, it just had to be filled with more stitchery;) I used designs that I found on another free site, Broderie d' antan. It is in french, but you can find a library of designs and the site is updated, regularly with new ones.

I was going to make it into a hot pad, for a gift, but it was too pretty to get spills on.
So, I made it into a table mat, so it can be used that way or hung on a wall. Now if I can just part with it;)


19 comments:

paulette said...

Debbie this is stunning!! Is this a Woodensails original?
Love it!
P

Unknown said...

Debbie - it is beautiful!

BubzRugz said...

Your rooster is fantastic.... I think he is too beautiful for spills too!!
Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

Gorgeously creative as usual! Love it! Smiles ~ Robin

Allie said...

Oh my gosh no he's too gorgeous to get spills on - I love how you added the elements to the corners, just brilliant! I love Needlecrafter, one of the first stitchery sites I found.

Staci said...

What a wonderful rooster! I love your new creation!

Silvia said...

That is sooooo beautiful

Linda said...

Gorgeous! Yes, way too pretty for a hot pad!

moosecraft said...

Oh my goodness, Debbie!!! What a fabulous piece! Although I would LOVE to have it in my home *wink* I don't think you should part with it... you would miss it for sure! Definitely a piece to display on a nice table or hang on the wall

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

It's just beautiful. I love all the fancy stitching in the corners. The whole piece looks a bit French! Love it!
Courtney

primitivebettys said...

Very pretty! :) And yup, too pretty for spills indeed.

Angie Padilla said...

Very, very pretty. If you're ready to part with it... I'll accept it! :)

Lori said...

That is so sweet! I agree, I woulnd't want food spills all over it!!

Terry said...

That's just beautiful! :0)

~Madalynne~ said...

Such a fancy fellow! Roosters are one of my favorite motifs . . . yours (as always) is so unique!

Carole said...

Very sweet! You are so great at antiquing your fabrics! I love it! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Carrie P. said...

What a great design. And yes it is way to pretty to use. Great job. thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

I love this! How did I miss this post?!!! Thanks for the website as to where FREE patterns are. I've marked it...unsure if I will ever find the time but it will be fun to check out all the designs and dream.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Okay, so when do you sleep?? You are crankin' them out girl! LOVE this one too, and it is too cute to use as a pot holder! (and congrats on the 500!! I'm behind and trying to catch up a little...)