I finished my piece finally. Yesterday I did a good walk, cooked and cleaned, then crashed, lol.
All those colds took a lot out of me, so It will take awhile to get my strength back up.
For the Kitty fans, yes Dora is that smart, although that is not the kind of smart I call her;)
And I have seriously thought about locking them up in one room, but that will never happen, they will figure out how to open doors next. At night they party hearty and I wake up to things on the floors and the rugs here and there.
This new piece is based on an antique rug. I wanted to do it in similar colors which were very basic and plain, which was common when woman used what scraps they had. But you would always see a bright color mixed in, such as red. No lighting can get the real look of this piece. I used mixed colors and my own hand dyed floss for the grass area and everything is off color. It is very prim and the colors are more muted and blend in more, like you would see on an old faded rug. I also decided not to add a border on this one, I like the simple look and think it is a great piece to hang on a kitchen cupboard.
I will be working up the pattern on Monday and the winner of the giveaway can have this or any other pattern from my selection on ecrater. This piece will be for sale, just not sure when. I also changed my ebay name, decided it was time. I am now WoolensailsPrims. I hope you enjoy this new piece and I think it would look beautiful as a stitchery too. I also forgot to reverse my design, the chicken was supposed to be looking the other way;)
The One With the Crossbody Purse...
29 minutes ago