Friday, August 14, 2026

Weekly Happenings!

 

This week I am still working on my new projects. I have been working more on my quilt so I can get that done and will have two to donate. The Christmas piece, I can work on a bit at a time and have ready in time. 

Today the boys had other plans so I decided to go to the island and bring my kayak. The tide was up so I was able to paddle in the inner cove and explore the little inlets along the way.


At the first spit of land, I spotted a laughing gull that was hanging out with the regular gulls.




And only one Osprey was in the nest, when I paddled by.





The coves were filled with activity, lots of shore birds.



And on the outer area along the shore, I finally spotted two Oyster Catchers. 




It was a nice day to get out and I was able to cool off before the tides got too low. At home I also have some new visitors. I think they are younger hawks, since they are staying in the neighbor's yard and squawking all day.

I hope everyone had a good week and are not in the flood or fire areas. It seems so much destruction lately and my prayers go out to everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment