Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday Finish!


This week, a few new patterns were uploaded on Cheri's facebook page. Even though she is no longer with us, she has given permission for others to keep the group going. I saw this pattern and knew I had to do it for the boys.

I changed it a little to make two boys, one was a girl. Then I put their names above the boy, that depicts them. Alex who is the happy, smiley boy and Nick who is always giving me that smart alec smirk.

I used Bills jeans and the green shirting is from their dad's old shirt, when he was younger, so it is a memory pillow, as well. The finished size is 7" x 11".


We also did some beach combing this week. We didn't get the full tides, but still found lots of treasures. The ones on the right are from our local dog beach, lots of craft glass, but some nice sea glass too. The ones on the left are from the island, a lot of smaller pieces but a few large ones.


I was able to find some tiny bits of glass, to finish my Love piece. It isn't what I imagined, so I will try some on wood, next. I like the way I can age wood, hard to do on canvas and this was a small one,  only 4". I realized that the glass shifted a bit and went off the line, the result of moving it too soon. It was good practice and I wanted to see how tacky glue would work, which was great for this project. I also sprayed a high gloss over the piece.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. It is a holiday I avoid, so I am hoping the rain doesn't last and we can get out for some walks on the beach.


7 comments:

Kate said...

I love that pillow, Debbie!

Sandi said...

Love your pillow Debbie, it looks great! Good idea to use bits of grandpa and dad clothing on it.

I'm glad you managed to fix your mini Love piece.

Have a good Mother's Day weekend!

Dawn said...

The pillow is adorable, how sweet to have it personalized.
Finding treasures on the beach sounds like lots of fun, then to turn it into art is extra special.
Thank you for sharing.

Saundra said...

What a wonderful memory pillow. But since there are two boys you just might need to make another. Great job gal.

Karen said...

Good idea to change the girl to a boy and stitch the pillow to represent the two boys. You are good at making changes.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Thinking of you this Mother's Day.
Love the pillow. Too sweet!

Fiona said...

The little pillow is perfect.... so much character in those faces!
Hugz