Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday Finish!


A new month, means a new stitchery from Kathy's, One Stitch at a Time Club. I always enjoy getting a new pattern and they always work up quickly. She gives the option of using just floss or coloring in your piece with instructions on her method.

I thought I would try it this time, I used cheap pencils, which was not the best idea. They work, but you don't get the nice colors that art pencils, will give. I added some lavender and put it in my sewing room, with the fabric on a shelf. It really helps to keep things fresh smelling. Instead of stitching the buttons, I decided to use real ones.


I also tried a simple project for glass. I used a 4" canvas and tried to paint it to look like beach wood, but it just doesn't have the same look as real wood. I want to put a wave of glass in the heart, but my tiny pieces are not fitting that well. What seemed small to me, is not when you do it in this scale. I guess I will have to hit the beach and do a sand search for tiny pieces. There is tons of it on the beaches, so I will gather some for this piece.

I also used crackle, not the best looking piece and I think on wood this would look nice. I just set the glass down to give you an idea of what I am doing. You can see by the drawing, the wave needs more sweep, than I could get with the glass.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We have one good day, so I plan on enjoying being outside.



8 comments:

Lady Locust said...

I love that you used real buttons. Also, that might be fun to look for the bitty pieces at the beach. What a neat idea for the glass.

Karen said...

How cute with the buttons!

Sandi said...

Love your lavender sachet, it is very cute.

It's disappointing when a concept falls a bit short when you get it made. To me it looks like the sky sea and sand a place that you Like to go to and enjoy the waves.

Enjoy your weekend, hope you find some small bits of glass and some other goodies.

Kate said...

Lovely finish, Debbie, and I hope your weekend goes well.

Allie-oops Designs said...

I LOVE the pillow!!! What a darling design and I do love it colored in like that. I think your glass project is going to be stunning, the heart with the wave is brilliant!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your new little finish is just too cute :).

Fiona said...

lovely little cushion and filled with lavender is just perfect. I can see where you are going with the wave... tiny pieces is a good idea...

Hugz

acorn hollow said...

love your sweet pillow. I like the idea of what you are doing with your glass you will make it work you always do such wonderful art.
cathy