Friday, April 13, 2018

Beach finish and finds!


I wanted to try some starfish in punch needle, so I looked online and found some pretty colored starfish that were not too detailed, perfect for punching. The yellow and gold one needs a better eye, maybe I will just do a large french knot. The blue one has main dots and lots of little white dots, but I just did a simple punch going up, so it is not exact, but close enough. There are lots of fun starfish and beautiful colors, I may try some larger ones and try more detail.


And we went to the dog beach, and found some nice glass. The glass on the right side is from the dog beach. Then we got out early and hit the island and I found more glass, a lot more glass. All the glass on the left is from that beach.


Today I just wanted to get out and enjoy the nice weather. One more day, then more cold coming in. So, we went back to the dog beach, I figured we could just relax and walk and if I found anything, that was a bonus. Well, we hit the beach at the right time, it was all over the place, I found big chunks just laying on the beach. So, I have a lot more glass, lol. I guess it is time to start making things with them. I do keep the best, older glass in a heart shaped bowl, those I keep to look at. I like the ones that are a bit clearer and flat, they will work nicely in art pieces.

It is hard to see, but that blue piece is in the shape of a fish, even the markings on the bottle, made an eye and fin, definitely making something with that piece.


And, I finally put up the lights on my netting. I got fake sea glass and bottle lights. They are heavy, so I put up some cast iron holders for the netting, and that holds the weight of the bottles. Now I need to get started on some pillows and a quilt, as well as, art work for the walls.


12 comments:

Karen said...

How much more do you have to come up with for decorating your beach room? Seems like you have done quite a few beach/ocean style projects.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I am just amazed at the amount o beach glass you find!

Allie-oops Designs said...

The starfish are darling! Wow you find a lot of glass - amazing. Your netting and lights look terrific!

Sandi said...

Your starfish look great Debbie! I thought that both the blue piece of glass and the one above looked rather fish shaped. Great haul for a day out with your dog,

Your lights on the netting looks good have fun with what you do next in it.

Fiona said...

love how the starfish have worked and how clever with the netting.... little lights always cheer up a room...

Hugz

julieQ said...

I think it would be fun to sift those smooth pieces of glass though my fingers...I am so happy you had a good beach finding expedition@@

Saundra said...

Cute starfish!!! I like what you did with the netting bet you are very pleased with the way your room is turning out.

acorn hollow said...

love the star fish and what great finds with the sea glass.
We are in for it tonight sleet and freezing rain.
Cathy

gracie said...

I love the netting idea.

Carole said...

I love your beach needle punch ornaments! What a great idea to decorate a feather all year! Cheers~

Carol Swift said...

The starfish look beautiful! I've tried a lot of sewing/stitching methods, but needle punch isn't one of them.

Julie Fukuda said...

The starfish and your growing glass collection... it is all going so nice. Glad you had some descent weather for a change and could get out.