Monday, March 5, 2018

Weekend finish and collecting!


I always love the first of the month, a new stitchery design from Kathy Schmitz and BOM's. I have been collecting some, but don't really have the time to do them all.

I have bags of lavender and decided it was time to make a couple of sachets to put in my wool boxes. I have some in already and when I open the wool it smells fresh, in the ones without, it is a bit musty smelling. I think lavender is the best for keeping the moths away and for the smell.

This is the design for this month, I kept it as is and simple, since they are going into boxes and won't be seen. They also worked up quickly, I actually finished the first and did the other and sewed them up after dinner.


This weekend was still a bit windy and on Saturday a chance of showers. I wasn't going to let that stop me, it was low tide and after a storm, the best time to beach comb. The bad thing was, it did rain for short periods, the wind was blowing us around and the tide was higher than usual, so I couldn't get to the rocks at the edge, without getting my feet drenched.

I did find some nice glass though, and lots of small rocks to play with. On Sunday we went for a ride and decided to walk along another beach. I found the perfect beach for small pebble rocks. The shoreline has several steep drop offs, so when the tide is out, there are piles of rocks, so I will definitely go back when it is warmer and I can pick through them better. I also found some small pieces of glass.

The first photo, upper left, has the small rocks and glass, as well as shells, I found on the second beach. The rocks to the right are from the first beach and below left is the glass I found on that beach, after the storm. Then I made up some small things for fun, to show you what you can do with them. Now I need to sit down and come up with some fun pictures to make with them.


8 comments:

Karen said...

You stitch fast!

Kate said...

I do like your lavender pillows. I am just amazed at your creativity ..... the rock/pebbles design is amazing.

acorn hollow said...

love your pillows. you will find wonderful things now that the sea has been churned up.
Cathy

Lady Locust said...

Those are sweet little sachets. Also what a haul - love your little angel pix😊

Sandi said...

Nice stitching Debbie, love the rocks and glass you found. It's interesting how the individual shapes can become something else when placed with others.

Have fun playing with the other pieces.

Fiona said...

lovely idea for the lavender pillows..... I have some lavender ready for stuffing so should do something like that...

Hugz

Allie-oops Designs said...

Sweet little pillows!! Lavender does work well for repelling pests. I love seeing you play with rocks, they always look so amazing!

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are so creative with your rocks ❤️