This week I decided to start going through my thrift wools and do some dying. I have a lot of dyes still and I need to use them, so I started with some of the open ones and over dyed a few colors.
Here is the first batch. I was going to go with the pink and do a darker rose shade to mottle them, but I ended up with a muddy color and grabbed some tans to use it on. I like having a lot of variations in darker colors for backgrounds and animals, so they will work great for those. The pink is more of a peachy hue, but it will be nice for flowers or brighter folk art.
Today I tried some mixed textures along with a red plaid. All thrift wools, I have been collecting for years. It didn't come out exactly like I planned but still nice colors. The darkers are always good for buildings and backgrounds and the plaid is more a darker, purple/red shade and I think it will make a nice halloween background.
Here is the before photo.
And how they look after, not too sure on the plaid, seems a bit scratchy so maybe not 100% wool, but still usable. I also like using wools like that for backgrounds on wool projects and also great for pillows.
I still have lots of go, so a bit at a time. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.