Friday, July 14, 2017

Friday Foible!


I have been doing the blocks for Words of Wisdom by Suzy's Sitcom. They are fun to do and I made mine smaller, which I wish I had made slightly larger. Since I made so many, I am just keeping them small, and hoping with some sashing, it will make a nice lap quilt size.

I finished the latest one and took a photo. That is when I noticed the difference in color, duh. I used dark red on this one and the others are a brighter red. So, maybe I will have to do another one, or maybe I will keep the darker one in, maybe make another one or two in dark so I can mix them up, what do you think?

Here are the blocks, all together. I will have to go through my stash and find a red print to go with them. The newest block looks darker than it actually is, I haven't washed out the blue marker yet and the flash focused on the others.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. The boys are finally getting their birthday party tomorrow, so we will be celebrating that and Sunday, hoping to get out for some paddling.


7 comments:

Karen said...

I say mix them up but leaving just the one darker red in probably would not be noticeable to anyone but you.

acorn hollow said...

I am with karen I think mix them up it makes it look like it was made by hand. I love them.
I hope you get to paddle we are overcast and drizzle right now but warm for sunday we will be picking blueberries on this one pond we go to.
Happy birthday to your boys.
Cathy

Julie Fukuda said...

And a third vote to leave it as is. Maybe add one more using the same color so it won't be lonely. I saw a vintage quilt of redwork today and the tones were mixed. It was charming.

Anna said...

I love these blocks...I say mix them up!

Sandi said...

I'm impressed, I'm just collecting them. It's your piece and I know you will make a best decision. Don't swat the small stuff. Enjoy your Sunday.

Fiona said...

photographs always pick up our mistakes.... I'm sure you can incorporate it fine though... especially with sashing in between...
Hugz

Carole said...

You've been a busy gal. Lovely work! Glad you have been able to enjoy the dry weather. Not sure how it is in your area but it has been raining a lot in way northeast I can see Canada from my house. The lake and rivers are quite high. I'm sure the boaters are loving it!