Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday Finish and Fun on the Fourth!


I hope everyone had a good week and a fun holiday. We went low key, stayed home for the weekend and spent the fourth with my Sister in Law. I did manage to finish one project, a new stitchery from the One stitch club, by Kathy Schmitz.

I decided to put my rustic birdhouse on a shelf and thought this design would be a nice piece to go with it. I made it into a pillow and antiqued it to match the feeling of the birdhouse. The stitchery club is fun to do, one design a month and they work up quickly.



We did have a nice time at the party. My SIL has access to the beach, so I was able to go for a nice swim and enjoy some time with Nick at the beach. He loves throwing rocks and he got soaked when the waves got him a few times, but seeing him laugh and get excited at things he sees, always brings joy to my day.


I also spent time with Alex, and he has become much more social, and he seems to be such a happy little guy, I am blessed with them both.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, filled with joy and adventure. Bill has to work all weekend and my son wants to do a yard sale in my yard, so I may throw some  junk out and start cleaning out the basement.


6 comments:

Nancy said...

Your little guys are too cute. How did you antique the fabric on the pillow with the watering can and bees (which are fabulous!)?

acorn hollow said...

Your grand babies are the cutest. Love your pillow so sweet
Cathy

Karen said...

Nice watring can design. You are doing well at keeping up with the one a month stitcheries.

Kate said...

The boys are so cute, Debbie. It was nice for you to spend time with them over the holiday. Your pillow is very nice.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Your grandsons sure are getting big, Deb! They are so cute...love your stitchery! Maybe I should join some type of SAL...I might get more accomplished!! Have a great weekend!

Sandi said...

Some great photos Debbie, love your embroidery piece very nicely stitched. Loved seeing Alex playing with the water bottle, very cute!