Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday Almost Finished!



This week I have been catching up with the house and preparing for our trip. I am one of those who hates coming home to a mess, so I am doing what I can now and getting things packed in the trailer, as well as organizing to make better use of the spaces and cabinets. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can sit outside, I hate being cooped up.

I finished my stitchery but I still have to make the mini quilt for the line and a border and I am not in the mood to think right now, lol. So, it will wait, maybe i can finish it this week, but I have one week to cook and pack and I am limited with my diet, so I want to make sure I have foods prepared ahead. Of course we will eat out, lobster is abundant in Maine;)

On this piece I wanted to use color since it is a summer piece and I wanted a happy piece to hang.


I also have nothing to work on and like I said, I have enough to think about, so I have no desire to do too much prep work and another stitchery seemed the perfect thing to make, to keep my hands busy this week. This is another pattern from Kathy Schmitz, I was thinking I might make it into a large pillow with a border, a nice gift idea.


I was going through old photos and came across some from our first kayaking trip to Maine. We stayed at a camp that was on a point, so we had water access and as you can see, a beautiful place to put in.


But, this is also where we learned, pay attention to tidal flats. This was also a tidal flat and when we came back that day, this is what we ran into. We had no way of getting in, so had to go around to the point and still wade through mud to get back in, then Bill had to lug the kayaks up a steep flight of stairs on the cliff, to get the boats up, not fun. The camp we are staying at is for kayakers, a direct ocean launch so we can always get back. The bad thing is, we may not be able to get to some areas with the mud, but I think I have found some great places to explore without paddling too many miles.

I hope you all have a good weekend. It looks like we are going to get a heat wave, so time to hit the beaches.


7 comments:

Karen said...

I like the title about "an almost finish". LOL! Where are you going on your trip?

annie said...

Hope you have a great trip!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching
Hope you have a great week
Big hugs x

acorn hollow said...

Enjoy Maine We are headed to the beach for the 4th with friends.
I hope to get out in one of our ponds this weekend.
Cathy

Julie Fukuda said...

I had one of those experiences out in the north-west. The coast was more watery mud than real water. I was able to get a real fast start in the canoe and told my daughter, "Just keep paddling as hard as you can while you still can". We were able to run far enough in that we could wade with the kids up to where we could put them down and then drag the canoe through the inch or two of water on top of the mud. One experience like that is enough!

Sandi said...

Have a lovely time in Maine!

Your stitchery is lovely with all the colours, I'm sure the mini quilt will be lovely also.

Rest and enjoy your time away, may you have clear calm seas and weather.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Such a gorgeous stitchery - I love the happy colors!! I think the making of the quilt would intimidate me though. Praying you're able to be completely organized and ready - I hate coming home to a mess too. Sounds like you're going to have fun!