Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday Finish!


This week I finished another piece done with the snowman pattern from Kathy Schmitz's, One Stitch at a Time Club. I decided to make a runner this time and used white fabric with the fun blue snowflake border. I really like how it came out and am leaving it white for now, it may be going to someone who likes brighter pieces, but I can always tea stain it, if I change my mind.

The finished piece is 26" x 11 1/2".


We had some beautiful weather this week, so we took advantage of the nicest day and Bean got to have some fun time at the dog beach.

Of course he loves to jump, he is such a show off.


He found a piece of drift wood so a few rounds of fetch was mixed in with walking up and down, on the beach.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. I am babysitting Nick tonight, but the poor guy was fast asleep when he got here, so I am relaxing until he wakes.



10 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a fun runner!
Enjoy your Nick time :)
Lauren

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love your sweet little runner. Seems like I am getting a lighter and lighter hand with my distressing/aging as time goes on... Bean looks like he is having a blast.... And oh....how good a beach sounds right now (we're in the middle of a blizzard).... Have fun with your little buddy. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Farmhouse prims said...

I think your runner is perfect. Nick is so adorable. hugs, Lecia

Julie Fukuda said...

The runner is perfect ... pattern and boarder material. I wish Nikko had a wide open space to chase sticks. We have to wait for summer camp to get it in.

Kate said...

Such a lovely finish, Debbie. The snowflake fabric is just perfect for it. I love these photos of Bean!!

Miccosukee said...

Debbie,

You are getting to be quite the photographer. Love the photos of Bean. I can't get my Roxy to chase or play with anything. Guess no one played with her much before I adopted her. She is more into napping than anything else.

trisha

Anonymous said...

Hi what a beautiful runner,awesome pics of Bean.

acorn hollow said...

always great finishes
cathy

Karen said...

Perfect fabric for the border of the snowman runner.

Allie-oops Designs said...

That runner is so cute!! Love the pics of Bean, and Nick in your last post - I saw your video on fb of him throwing the rocks in the water, so cute!