Monday, August 22, 2016

Oldies but Goodies!


Nothing new this weekend, Bill had to work and I just crashed, so I rested most of the time and redid my drawing to get the rocks right and straighten out the buildings.

I also wanted to color in the design to see how it looked but I couldn't find my colored pencils, they seem to have disappeared. So, I used my watercolor pencils which are limited but it gave me a general idea of how the lighter green and rocks looked against the sea, much better contrast.

I over painted on the right and top, was just fooling around with colors and contrast but I do like how the light green pops and then the rocks will be more defined. Now to start the new punch, though I may change something else before then, we never know;)


One of the reasons that my pencils are limited in colors is because I use them for frakturs. I like using the pencils to start and then I use the better water colors for definition and shading. I thought I would show you some of my old frakturs, something I used to love doing but not so sure I can keep a steady hand now.

I like to find old designs and redo them into something new, this was a fun one to do. I used to write sayings in fraktur style, now I forget what it meant;)


This one was done for a friend, for her anniversary. I always enjoyed making custom pieces for special dates.


This one was based on an old fraktur with a few of my own touches. I usually sold them on eBay or gave as gifts.

And I also enjoyed painting boxes as gifts. This one was made for a friend who had collies. I think it says friendship. With the script I used, not sure what letter that is, my brain is mush. I hope you enjoyed seeing my pieces, another creative side of me.




6 comments:

Sandi said...

Lovely pieces Debbie, I think the anniversary and Collie ones are my favourites. How different your first piece looks drawn compared to the needle punch both look great. Very oroductive weekend for you.

Saundra said...

Wow, that box is a beautiful piece of work and such a special gift.

Kate said...

Love that box with the collie, Debbie!

Karen said...

My favorite is the Fraktur with the horse and rider. I like that style of Fraktur.

gracie said...

Love your work....

acorn hollow said...

your pieces are just lovely!
Cathy