Friday, July 8, 2016

Working on Friday!


It seems I am always working on things, I really need to finish some things, I am getting a large pile of stitcheries and things that need to be made into things, so I will start working on those too.

This week I have been busy outside, we found some barn red plastic adirondack chairs for the fire pit, and I have been working on a garden retreat. I started with some flowering bushes in the back and then realized my bird bath is cracked, so I have been looking for something new, either a bath or I may go with a water fall, still looking. It is not a big area, so I may stick with something simple. I also plan on having bench seats on each end and a trellis in the back to hang the bird feeders from, so things Bill needs to start building;)

My sister is coming to visit next month and she loves snowmen, so I thought I would start something simple that I can give her when she visits. I used designs from Christmas Coloring Pages and made four snowmen blocks. I plan on adding sashing and a border to make a mini quilt, or maybe a pillow, depends on the size when I finish.



Today I finally started my appliqué block from Cheri's, A Blackbird Gathering that can be found on her Facebook page, Quilts by Cheri. She also has other free designs from her older patterns and it is a fun group to participate in. I need to add the stitchery and maybe button flowers, for the smaller ones. Or maybe I will grab some when I hit the craft store this weekend, would be fun to have mini flower buttons for pieces like this. I am using lana wool thread on this BOM, I want to give it a more prim look.

It looks like rain most of the weekend, so hopefully I can catch up on my projects and get my sewing room organized so I can do some machine quilting, as well. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.


10 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Love those snowmen - and of course Cheri's design! I don't think I'll be doing this one, although I've been looking at everyone's great versions.

acorn hollow said...

We have the plastic chairs for our firepit. we had the old wooden ones but they are a lot of work to keep up.
Love your snowman piece I am sure your sister will love it.
I am working on cleaning out my spare room where I have my wool it is long overdue.
cathy

Karen said...

I am saving Cheri's patterns. Just no time with all the other projects but I feel Cheri's designs will turn into a wonderful quilt.

Saundra said...

Your sister will be very happy with those gifts and will have something new to put out this Christmas seasonn. I love that other design by Cheri and can see that as a hooked piece too.

Carol Swift said...

I'm sure those snowmen will be so loved by your sister. Cute block...I need to check out Cheri's FB page.

paulette said...

Thanks for the link! Dang cute stitcheries...I printed off several! Your Cheri block is wonderful!

Sandi said...

I love that you are stitching on all four at once, I'm betting you are doing all the red, all the black etc. I do that sometimes rather than retreading especially if I have a good length left. They are going to be sweet.

I'm fortunate to hear it has been raining at home and it was raining here yesterday but fortunately it didn't rain today. I'm in Sisters for the quilt show and the bonus is it was a cooler day. Lots of wonderful quilts that I'll share when I get home.

Your plan for your yard sounds great!

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are going to have one happy sister.
Oh, how I wish we'd get a couple days of rain. We've gotten a little, but we need more. I'm not a fan of brown grass.
Happy Sunday to you.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Unknown said...

I love your house and crow applique piece!

Rock River Stitches said...

Love your applique block with the crow!!!