Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday Finish!


I decided not to post on Friday since I didn't have anything to show. I seem to have over did it and all my joints from my hip to my neck are out of alignment and so painful, I have been laying on the couch since then. It is frustrating for me since I hate laying around and if I have to, I need something to keep my hands busy but I was flat out, most of the time.

Yesterday I was able to move more so I got my snowmen ready to finish and was able to finish the rest today. It is for my sister so I kept it fun and brighter. I like how it has a prim feeling but also fun and a pop of color with the off white stitching. The one problem I had was, getting the blue ink off, it went through 4 rinses and it is still there so I may have to add a bit of stain to see if that will tone it down. I used a fabric that may not have been all cotton, so that could be it.

The designs can be found at Christmas Coloring Pages. They have a lot of different designs and lots of similar ones that can be used to make a mini quilt or a larger one. It is a bit wonky from shrinking up, but I will be rewashing it and then I can block it better.


I also got a new photo of my sweet grandsons, I sure miss Nick and I can't wait to meet Alex, but they are not due home until September. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and hopefully I can get out more next weekend, I do miss paddling and was hoping to get out more this year.


13 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Those snowmen are darling!!! And so are the boys!

Julie Fukuda said...

I like the arrangement of those snowmen. How annoying to have the markings stubbornly stay. It will be a sweet gift as it is.

acorn hollow said...

So sorry you are not feeling that great. I love your snowmen so sweet as always.
Those sweet boys are so darling you have a lot of hugging to do when they get home.
Cathy

Karen said...

Cute as can be snowmen. Your sister will like them very much.
The new baby looks very much like his older brother. Such a sweet peaceful looking photo. I know you will be thrilled to have them home again.

paulette said...

Ahhhdorable!! Your babies are priceless! And so is your stitching!

Sandi said...

Love the poses you chose to stitch Debbie. Didn't you mentioned it's been hot, do you think you snowmen were left in the sun and the heat set the marker? What a drag.

The poses your grandsons are sleeping in is so cute, I can't imagine how long it seems to be to wait.

Kate said...

Delightful snowmen finish, Debbie! A beautiful photo of your grandsons - won't be long now till you can cuddle them. Take care.

Unknown said...

Very sweet snowmen....and kids!

Melody said...

I'm really aching at the moment too...my sympathies to you ...not much fun. Thank you for the snowmen link. Gorgeous boys too.

Rugs and Pugs said...

LOVE the pic of your grandsons. Hopefully you'll be able to give them lots of lovin' soon.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Fiona said...

I love your snowmen and thanks for the suggestion of colouring pages - I never think of that! I understand the yearning for grandie cuddles....
Hugz

The Eveningstitcher said...

Those little guys are just adorable!! I'll bet you can't wait to see them!!! Sorry you're not feeling so hot...hope you feel better soon, Deb...

Carole said...

What a cute project! You are so talented! Congrats on a new grandchild! Cheers!