This week I decided to work on a pattern, I have made before. The original one was done with colors that washed each other out, so I wanted to try it in bolder colors with a dark background. The design is based on an antique red ware plate.
I was going to do it in 3 strands, then decided it was large enough to do in 6 strands and a faster way to finish it. I am debating on wether I want to do more rows around the piece, or I may do a braided cording. Not sure if I want to keep it as is, or maybe mount it on a box or basket. My niece got a giant dollhouse and I was thinking this might make a nice rug for it.
I haven't worked it into a pattern yet, hopefully I can get that done this weekend. I still have to clean some areas up and a few fills where I missed, then I can finish it off. My hands have been bothering me and my brain is off a bit, so my punching does not match the actual design, it is supposed to be oval.
I also found a fun free tutorial for a Valentines quilt. I wanted to make one with some pastels that I have and try out my new rag die to see how it cuts. I had an idea of doing a rag quilt and adding a heart, here and there and today I stumbled on a quilt, exactly like that, so now I can follow her guidelines. You can find the pattern and tutorial at, Sew4home.