Monday, May 11, 2015

Grandma's Day!


I hope everyone had a nice weekend and weren't in the areas hit by storms. My prayers go out to all of the families that have been affected by them and the devastation they caused.

My son and Nicholas came to visit Sunday, it was nice to enjoy the day with them and Nick always puts a smile on my face.

I didn't really want to celebrate Mother's day, a bit bittersweet for me, but I did want to enjoy it with my son and grandson. I got an idea for the perfect present for me, can you guess what it is?

Nicholas wanted to help too.


Getting it together, Nick made sure everything was in place.


Time for a ride! I got myself a wagon, fun to pull Nick around and you can take the top half off and use it as a utility wagon, perfect for gardening and hauling water buckets out to Dani's tree. We stopped to enjoy my apple tree. Bill put in a nutrient spike and the tree just blossomed with beautiful blooms and the other apple tree was dead looking and now it has blooms too.


Bean was loving it too, he loves having people to play with, but he gets thirsty while running around. Bill fills the bucket with fresh water, so he can have a drink when he needs one. Today was cleaning day, I did more in one day than i have in weeks and I am exhausted, but that is good, I will sleep well tonight.


12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What cute pictures.

Julie Fukuda said...

Great wagon and my,but both boy aand dog are growing fast!

Melody said...

Gorgeous pictures. So glad you had a great day.

Jacque. said...

You've been in my thoughts...glad to see you had a good day on Mother's Day.

Karen said...

I have not seen a wagon like that. Creative and useful.

ihook2 said...

Debbie,
Have had you on my heart. Glad you were able to spend the day with your son and grandson. He is a cutie. Love that wagon too.
Continuing prayers for you all....
Pam

Saundra said...

Debbie I'm so very happy you were able to spend time with your grandson and son. Wonderful times will be had with that wagon and the grandson. Glad you had a good day.

Saundra

Rugs and Pugs said...

So happy you got to spend time with your son and grandson. I'm sure Nick will enjoy the wagon. He is so cute helping to put it together.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Fiona said...

I can imagine Mothers day being a tough one for you.... love Nick in the cart...
Hugz

Allie said...

That is the coolest wagon - I often wished we had a cover for ours, as I dragged the boys around the zoo and around the block on an almost daily basis! Although one time, Hubby got in the wagon and the boys dragged HIM around....good that you can use it for hauling as well. Don't you have a hose for watering? I would HATE hauling buckets of water.
Nick is so, so cute - what a doll baby he is!!!

moosecraft said...

Nick looks so cute in that wagon! Yes! The perfect gift!

Dog Trot Farm said...

How nice to spend the day with your son and grandson...I know your heart is heavy with the loss of your dear daughter Dani...hold tight to those precious memories...Love the wagon, great idea...