Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday Finishes!


This weekend I was able to get in my sewing room and clean it up a bit. I have projects that need finishing and some to put together so I have projects to work on later. This weekend I sewed borders onto the little quilts, that my friend Kelley sent me. They were all finished and quilted, I just needed to add the border and I have two new table mats.

I love the pattern and colors on this one. Now that I have a blue couch, it is nice to have blue pieces to match it. It is hard to see because of the flash but this and the next piece, were tea stained after I finished them.  It doesn't darken them up as much as the walnut ink, but it gives it a lighter aged look.


The second piece was quilted, as well but not on the seam lines so it puffed up a bit. I decided it would be fun to add a feather stitch to the edges and I like how it came out and gave it a new look.


Here is a close up of the stitching, I used two strands of DMC floss. The quilts look crooked because of the borders. I thought I had bought cotton but when noticed how hard it was to push a needle through it, feels like lightweight jacket material and it puckers. The white materials are actually yellow, so you can see how the flash washes out the staining.



Another project I started is a mini rug for my Grand Niece. She got a doll house for Christmas and everything is pink and blue. I looked in The Rug Hook Book and found the perfect rug, it was done in pink and blue and will match her doll house decor. It is larger than most of my pieces and I am doing it in 3 strands of floss, so I am working on it, a bit at a time, so no hurry.


15 comments:

annie said...

I love these, esp. the first one!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What sweet little quilts. I do like your feather stitching.
Your pn piece will be magnificent when done!
Hugs :)
Lauren

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love your little quilts, Deb! I have three little quilts from Lori Rippey that I just love...have them framed and hanging on the wall. Your needle punch rug is going to be just darling!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Such wonderful finishes...always love little quilts! What a sweet needle punch I'm sure it will be beautiful when it is finished and well loved :)

Jacque. said...

Great finishes! I think you feather stitching added an extra dimension...good job!

cucki said...

wow so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
beautiful quilts.. xx

paulette said...

Wonderful projects...LOVE the feather stitches!! Adds so much to this sweet project!
P

Gayle said...

I love those little quilts - the colors and designs are so nice! And your idea of punching a rug for a doll house is great. My friend is making a doll house into a haunted house (just shared a picture on my blog) and I've offered to punch a rug for her after seeing yours. Wish me luck, and thanks for the great idea!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow, three beautiful projects to admire. The feather stitching does make it special, and the rug looks wonderful as well. Usually on my blog, I showcase one finished block!

Julie Fukuda said...

The small quilts are so nice and the rug will be a treasure.

moosecraft said...

Awesome pieces! The second little quilt is my favorite... love the colors in the quilt and the feather stitches you added really makes it perfect!

Karen said...

What size is the little heart rug you are making? Looks big but I am sure it must be small.
I like the brown quilt with the decorative stitching. It looks like an old piece.

Carrie P. said...

I really like the feather stitch addition.

Anna said...

I am loving brown and blue together these days...and I can't wait to see the rug finished...if it is for a doll house I know it must be tiny!

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

These are all so pretty!!