Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Finishes!


This week I got the idea to make a needle felted sheep. I had a pattern that I found online but I got lost when I went to put on the outer fibers for the sheep fleece. I thought the roving I had would work nicely since it was sheep wool, but I ran out and the only other dark color I had, made him look like a bear. And, by mixing the colors, he looks like a bear with mange, lol.

I got him as finished as I could and added a face and of course, he looks a bit comical now, but I am learning and it is fun to experiment. The photo is horrid, I tried all types of light and I could not get a good photo with definition, he really looks better in person and he is so bad that he makes me smile.


And here is a side view outside. Maybe I will try something smaller and simpler, next time and get better at my felting techniques.



Another piece was a design by Debbie of Wooden Spool Designs. I thought it would be a fun little piece for spring. I didn't realize it had a front and a back, so mine is just the backing, but I still like how it came out. I enlarged my backings by 10% to give me a little more room for the design.



And of course today was cleaning day. I like to have everything done so Bill and I can enjoy the weekend, and relax. I was doing laundry and went into the bedroom, turned around and this is what I saw. I am in trouble now, this is the first time he has gotten on the bed and my bed is 36" high, so he is a jumper.


He really hates that the kitties can get up on high places, now he can too. He loves to play and snuggle with Moki and Moki is sweet enough to put up with him. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.




15 comments:

annie said...

Your sheep is cute!
And I love the design you made.
As for Bean, well, you will probably see that much more in days to come, they look color coordinate!d to me, grin.

Karen said...

I have no idea how you make dimensional animals like this with punching. Cute.

Terry said...

Oh my goodness...that sheep is so adorable! :0)

Julie Fukuda said...

It had to happen in the year of the sheep ... so cute. Critters on the bed? Nikko would be hanging her head in shame if I ever caught her, but cats... hard to keep them off of any place they desire to hang out and I imagine it would be hard to play favorites.

Saundra said...

Your sheep and the applique turned out beautifully! You are too hard on yourself as the sheep looks great. Besides, sheep lay in grass, their wool gets either bleached from the sun or dirty so it looks natural to me.

Moki and Bean are adorable and so glad you shared a photo of them cohabitating so lovingly.

Saundra

Quilting by the Lake said...

Debbie, you might enjoy this felting segment I saw recently. http://wnep.com/2015/02/28/the-art-of-needle-felting/

Berit said...

I love your sheep bear; he is so cute and apealing that if I saw him in a shop I'd buy him. :D

Also, sweet and cute fur kids. It's really nice that your older cat is gentle with your puppy. :)

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

I think your sheep bear is adorable!

Sandi said...

Love the attitude of you sheep in profile...no you are not coming into my pasture!
I'm working thought the Buttermilk Basin hop projects myself, I may marry some of the pieces together for a project.

Good idea to enlarge it a bit.

moosecraft said...

Awwww... sweet little Bean! I'm glad Moki plays along nicely! :-) Great stitching projects too!

Fiona said...

oh your sheep is adorable...
Hugz

acorn hollow said...

cute picture with the cat and dog it looks like the cat is trying to talk to him.
love your sheep and your needle work.
Cathy

Sew Hungryhippie said...

Oh my gosh that sheep is so darn cute!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Bean looks like a giant kitty :)
Hugs,Lauren

Gayle said...

I think your sheep turned out great! He's an original, that's for sure!