I finished my hearts today. After I punched them, I sewed on a red wool back and lightly stuffed them.
When I stitched them up, I left a little hole at the top to put the ric rack in. For the edge, I used one piece of wool yarn and gathered it, while I whip stitched it in place. The little gathers give it the little raised bumps around the edge.
I decided to hang it from my homespun, in between the paper decorations.
I took photos after I made them, but they seemed too bright for me. This is how they looked, as is.
And this is how they look, after I used walnut stain on them. One thing nice about using the Tsukineko ink is, when you spray too much, you can pat it down to remove the excess and lighten it back up.
I just drew my hearts onto the weavers cloth, just remember to reverse you letters. You can also make mini ones to hang on a tree, without letters and use up your scrap floss for a hit or miss look.