Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Finish!


This week I decided to make another new pattern. I still need to finish both of them and make them into finished pieces, as well as make the patterns, so that will come next week.

This piece was done with a pattern I did in a cross stitch. I liked the elements and rearranged them to fit a punch needle piece. I really think this piece would look nicer with variegated threads, especially Valdani, but I use what I have.

I decided the pup should look like Bean, so I made mine black and white. Bean has more black, but I didn't want too much on the punched pup, so I just made similar markings on a couple of areas.

I still need to fix a few things and it will be antiqued a bit.



One of the reasons I have a hard time punching is that a certain fur ball wants attention most of the day and night. He is getting better and resting more, but I can't wait for the snow to melt so we can get out for more play and long walks.



And today he was being a bit bad, so he had a time out. He was not happy about that and decided to cover himself up with his blanket. I hope you all have a nice weekend.


15 comments:

annie said...

I love this pattern! And Bean!
How very pitiful he looks in his crate!
Thankfully, I already know he did not have to rest there too long! grin!
He's a sweetheart!

cucki said...

Aww so sweet..love the cute stitch...
Sending big hugs for bean and you xx

Kate said...

It really does look like Bean! He looks so cute with his blanket - sounds like he might have cabin fever. :)

Saundra said...

Great new design. Bean is a HOOT! How could you not go over and laugh and give him a huge hug? I know you aren't supposed to encourage bad behavior but it is hard not to do with kids and pups.

acorn hollow said...

busy as always. I love it and your bean is so darn cute.
Cathy

Karen said...

Good prim design, Debbie.

paulette said...

Love your stitchery and love the way you put Bean into it! I hope Bean got out of jail for good behaviour...My Rylie is still full of beans and he is going to be SIX years old this year! You named him well!!
P

Sandi said...

Beans just has the look of saying...sorry..I know I did something wrong,. He has such a sweet face.

You needle punch is lovely love both the dogs?

Enjoy your weekend.

Lori said...

Very cute! I hope your snow melts too. It's hard to be cooped up at home, regardless if you are a dog or human! lol

Sew Hungryhippie said...

We all can't wait for Spring to arrive here, I feel like I'm being "bad" too (you're not the only one Bean)...LOL... Lovely work, I like it just how you made it.

moosecraft said...

Bean is such a character! Difficult to stay mad at him even when he does misbehave, right? ;-)
Great new pattern!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Those pictures of Bean are too cute!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

I feel for you and Bean. Same here with Bailey...we utilize the stairs slot to tucker him out.

Allie said...

What a gorgeous new design, Debbie! And I'm laughing about Bean covering himself up - I can so relate, lol!!!!

Raymond Homestead said...

Bean looks so sweet, I'm sure it was pretty easy to overlook his naughty behavior! ;)