Friday, December 26, 2014

The Day After!


First of all, I would like to thank everyone for your Christmas wishes and support with my family situation. It really means a lot to me to know that I have so many people around the world, that I can call my friends and the support and love to get me through the tough days.

The good news was my son sent me a message and said we were welcome to stop by for a visit. So, I was torn about going but knew I would regret it, if I didn't, so we went. I enjoyed seeing the baby and we played and took a walk outside with Bean, but they were getting ready for dinner and we were not invited, so I left.

Nicholas is quite the talker, even though most of it sounds like a foreign language, lol.



This was Bean's first Christmas and he was 6 months old on the 24th. I put his first present on the floor and he kept circling it and touching it, and when it moved he jumped back. It really didn't move, it rolled and once he got to see what in inside he was thrilled with his new ball.



Once he got the hang of what was in a package, he opened up his next one. But, he did it very, very slowly, ripping off a piece at a time, lol. Another one of his favorite presents, something to shake to death.



Today was a "Me" day. We went for a ride and I bought myself a new pair of boots so I had something  more practical and comfy for the winter and a large vintage style jar for Bean's treats. After shopping we went to Black Rock and walked along the path and rocks.

Bean loved running along the rocks, he has a natural ability for maneuvering around them.



It was so beautiful today that we kept going and walked along the beach, as well. Bean loved greeting all the people and running in the sand. It is the first time I have been out since I have been sick and the fresh air and exercise put some color back into my face.

Taking a break with Bean for some hugs. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!


15 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I find my blogging friends very supportive too and enjoy a closer relationship with a few special ones. I'm glad you took the first step and went. Nicholas is so cute and he deserves the visit. I can just feel Bean's enthusiasm.He knows how to enjoy the finer things in life.

Jacque. said...

Sounds like a good day for you, Debbie. Glad you were able to see Nicholas...what a cutie!

Kate said...

So pleased for you that you were able to have a wee visit with Nicholas. Looks like Bean was such fun opening and playing with his presents.

moosecraft said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Karen said...

Good that you went to see your grandson. He has grown so much!

paulette said...

That little Nicholas is a treasure...so sweet!! So glad that you went for a wee visit! Beans has quite the personality...full of BEANS so he was named well! All the best!

Saundra said...

So glad you are in a happy place now even tho it might seem like a baby step. Bean sure is soaking up all the love. Merry Christmas.

Raymond Homestead said...

I'm so glad you got to see your grandson. Bean is so happy and loved. What a sweetheart he is.

Carol Swift said...

He's adorable...glad you got to see him! Looks like you had a beautiful day!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie,
I am happy to hear you are feeling better.
It is wonderful that you got to spend a bit of time with your grandson. He sure is a cutie.
Hugs :)
Lauren

primitivebettys said...

So cute! Merry Christmas Debbie!

acorn hollow said...

So glad you are feeling better there is a lot going around. Your grandson gets cuter each time I see a picture of him. It is all about the kids anyway.
Cathy

Allie said...

Oh hon I'm so glad you got to go and see Nicholas - I have a similar situation here and it's just awful. Bean cracked me up opening his gifts!

Anna said...

Ah the holidays...where we can celebrate the family dysfunction and movies can be filmed, books written and then we start a new year where we can gather more ammo for next holiday season, lol...dogs are so simple :)... Your grandson is adorable!

Carrie P. said...

Being a grandma I feel your sadness. I hope that your DIL will come around and see how much it is hurting the whole family especially your grandson. I am so sorry you are going through that.