Monday, December 1, 2014

Must be Monday!


It seems I got nothing accomplished this weekend, having my family home is too distracting;) I had plans to go shopping at my favorite primitive store and there was a for sale sign on the door, very disappointing. The good thing was, I did a search for stores in the area and found out that another store that had closed was under new ownership. We went yesterday and I spent hours going up and down the aisles and revisiting booths. It is a mix of new and antiques so lots of eye candy. No photos allowed but if you are ever in the Rhode Island area, it is worth a visit. It is a large 2 story building filled with booths from vendors that sell antiques and craft items. It is called A Bee's Buzz and I am definitely going back since they have an ever changing stock.

I love going down back roads when we go places,  you never know what you will find. In Stonington Connecticut we passed by a park and enjoyed a short walk along the path. Bean loves walks and was happy to get out of the car for a bit.



The path goes around a marsh and pond, but it was way too cold to do the entire walk and I think all the critters went underground.



I got back to working on my punch needle today. It looks like a mess from the back;) I am usually too tight and close so I am working on spacing better. When I am finished, I look at the piece from the front  with and see if there are any gaps and fill them up, if needed. This is a large piece, I had to put it on my rug hooking frame, luckily it turns so that makes it easier as I work. It is over 7" tall.


Tonight I was trying to get things done and Bean was trying to annoy me. He has calmed down a lot but tonight he was in high gear and running around the house. I gave him a biscuit and I think that is what made him hyper, so no more of those.

Looking for a fun, quilted project to do? Check out The Patchsmith's blog for a quilted Christmas tree tutorial.


8 comments:

usagypsy said...

Haven't been on line in a while and playing catch up. That Bean has grown! What a cutie! Your punch needle looks great. I just started learning punch needle and need a lot more practice!

Kate said...

It's always a pleasure to read your posts. I enjoy the photos and seeing your projects and Bean ... he's such a sweetie. :) Thanks for the link.

Jacque. said...

Always fun to see what you're working on.

Anna said...

Don't you just like the way they stare you down! lol I so wish that store would have allowed photos...dang!

Fiona said...

you always have lovely walks to share with us... Bean is doing so well...
Hugz

Karen said...

Lucky for you that a prim placed was taken over by someone else. Here, the place closed and there is nothing like it anywhere around.

Raymond Homestead said...

Such a good picture of Bean. It's so sad when you find a store you like and then they close. Two of my favorite places to shop have closed. :(

Saundra said...

I love your needlepunch piece and you're doing a great job. Bean is a beautiful pup ~ and yes pups are hyper. Even now my rottie goes bonkers when someone stops by and he's like 7 years now. My son was here last night and wouldn't leave him alone.

Saundra