Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend Wanderings!


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I was able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather and fresh ocean breezes.

On saturday we went to Beavertail lighthouse. We had things to do so it was a nice afternoon ride and the perfect weather for a walk around the road and trails.

The tide was going out so the waves were rolling and crashing against the rocks.


We walked further down, along the paths that follow the rocky shore.


When I look at my photos, I see things that I don't notice as I take them. Can you see any shapes in the rocks?


I love watching the water as it crashes up on the rocks, then trickles back into the sea.


On Sunday we went to a Dr. John Champlain Glacier Park. It is a wooded walk along paths that follow ridges and valleys that were carved out by the receding glaciers. The walk itself was nice and peaceful and we ended by coming to a higher point with views of Atlantic Avenue at Misquamicut Beach.

It was the perfect spot to stop and enjoy the views.


A closer view of what we were seeing. The beach has one of the oldest carousel's and organs, still in use.


8 comments:

Chris said...

What a beautiful day out. Thanks for taking me along!

Jacque. said...

What beautiful photos!!

Karen said...

At first look at the rocks, I saw a face.

paulette said...

I saw the same face...with a beard!! Thanks for taking us along...breathtaking country!! Just beautiful!
P

Fiona said...

A lovely hike with some beautiful spots...
Hugz

Rebecca in AK said...

Thank you for the beautiful pictures! These are places I will probably never see in person so I really enjoy seeing your photos.

Jennifer M. said...

Beautiful pictures. I love listening to waves crash on rocks. It is so calming to listen to.

annie said...

great photos!
that one looks like a dwarf face! I was watching the hobbit last night! grin! so great enjoying the pretty weather this time of year!