Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Finish!


I haven't gotten a lot done this week, resting from my rib injury and today I was finally able to get the house clean. I am hoping I can get out tomorrow, maybe even a paddle since the temps will be in the 60's.

I finished the stitching on my Spencerian stitchery but I haven't decided how I want to finish it, so I put a photo frame on it. It does look nice framed.

I lightened it up a bit so it looks whiter than it is. I didn't antique it, but it is stitched on tea stained muslin. I was afraid the details might get lost if I darkened it with walnut stain.


If you are looking for something fun and free to make this weekend, here are a couple of websites that have new projects that  you might like to make. They also have other free patterns so check out their back posts.

A fun strawberry pillow can be found at Scrap Quilt and Stitch. It is done in wool, so a quick project to do over the weekend for some summer bowl fillers.

Zulu and Co has a wonderful bag that would be fun to make and a great gift idea. She offers a template for the pattern, but you will have to figure out how to sew it yourself. It is a simple design, so it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

13 comments:

Gail said...

Love your bluebirds in the nest and thanks for the heads up on the free projects. Both are really cute.
Hope your rib is feeling better. I broke mine 3 yrs ago and it took a long, long time to heal.

Have a great weekend :)
Gail :)

Julie Fukuda said...

What a sweet little finish.
I hope your weekend has just the right amount of exercise and rest. Give yourself the treat you deserve.

Rebecca in AK said...

A lovely finish! It looks good in the frame. A good project to work on while healing up. Hope you continue to improve!

Anonymous said...

This is so you! What about turning it into a mini quilt with a pieced border..perhaps 1/2 sq triangles?

Saundra said...

Your stitchery looks fantastic and is nicely framed. Sorry to hear about your injury. My house needs cleaning too but after all this rain the grass (uh, weeds) need cutting more. Have a great Saturday and enjoy your day out.

Shirlee said...

A lovely finish!

Karen said...

I like the birds you have stitched but really don't know what "Spencarian" means. I just did some fused applique that has a bird's nest with eggs in it.

moosecraft said...

Awesome stitchery! That one might make a good center block for a table runner.... or even a pillow for a porch bench... enjoy your paddle!

Melody said...

Your stitchery looks fabulous framed.

Vicki W said...

Your stitchery is very pretty! I hope your rib is better.

Chris said...

Beautiful finish! I hope that you get to spend some time out paddling!

Lori said...

Wow, this turned out so cute!!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Beautiful stitching!!