Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pumpkin Punch Finished!


Last week I started a punch needle piece for fall and today I finished it. I had to work two days straight, but I got it done. I also got all of the applique done on my wall quilt, now I can quilt it and finish it.

The pumpkin is a pattern by Brenda Gervais called Boo and Jack. It was a lot of punching, the finished size is 7" long and I am a tight puncher. I used DMC for the main colors and valdani for the kitty. I love their black shades. To get the multiple colors, I just grab similar colors and punch in random patterns around the pumpkin. I have a collection of tree branches that I save for projects like this, so I used that instead of a pumpkin top.

I hope you enjoy my newest piece and everyone has a wonderful weekend.



22 comments:

Jacque. said...

That is a fabulous piece of work, Debbie! I do love her patterns, though not a big fan of Halloween.

Libby said...

So cute! Perfect for the season.

Karen said...

It must have taken a lot of skeins of floss but it is wonderful.

marie said...

Great job. Is it a flat piece? I'd like to make a hooked pumpkin that I can stuff but don't know how to sew the seam (would if it was fabric), do you?

Raymond Homestead said...

That is so cute! It's been so long since I have punched, I will have to learn all over again.

paulette said...

WOW!! It's wonderful and just in plenty of time for Halloween!!
P

cucki said...

So sweet x

denise said...

too cute!!!!!!! denise

Three Sheep Studio said...

Love the rich colors you used in your project.
Lovely !

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love all the subtle color changes throughout the piece and a cute name too!
Deb

kelley said...

Gorgeous work and colors Debbie...

Fiesta said...

Stunning. I always admire your lovely creations

moosecraft said...

Love thi punkin'! Your punching is very neat. I'm always uncertain as to whether I like the DMC or Valdai 3-strand for punching...

Carrie P. said...

cute!

acorn hollow said...

wonderful piece I need to get the hang of punch needle.
Cathy

Firecracker Kid said...

I love it! Love you blog dress too!

Carol

Chris said...

What a great fall finish.

Anna said...

Oh it is fantastic!!!

The Wool Cupboard said...

Love the way it turned out, Debbie!

Hugs, Linda

Quilt Hollow said...

How did I miss this one?!!! Too cute...sure wish I had patience for needle punch!

Allie said...

That is wonderful Debbie, I love the multiple colours!!

Habeib Khan said...

Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
lolsgag.com