I worked all weekend on my wool quilt, but not finished yet. I added the backing to it and the border which is also the binding. After I did that, I wish I had done things differently, so I had to figure out a way to get the border to look the way that I had planned. I ended up folding a piece over, then over to the back so it left more edge. I did finish sewing it tonight, but I still have some fixes to do. I sewed the binding on by machine through the front and back, so it warped a bit in some spots. I will fix those and any I can't might be a spot for a new appliqué;)
All and all, I am happy with how it came out. I started it three years ago and just wanted to finish it. I did hand stitching around the appliques, black on some and a light greenish shade on the dark blocks, but hard to see in the photo. I still need to add stitching to the side pieces, I wanted to wait for the binding before I did those.
I also decided it was time to clean up my sewing room and got that done today. Here is something I found and have no idea what to do with, maybe throw them out, lol. I started this years ago when I first started quilting and had ugly fabrics. They are designs from whimsicals. The only one I like is the kitty piece, maybe I will make a mini quilt with that and save the blank blocks for a jean quilt I will be making. The stitching is horrible on the appliques, so I doubt they would last long and not worth the effort to finish them.