Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday!


Today was truly Good Friday. It was a beautiful day and I was having a good day, health wise. A day like today is when I truly feel blessed. We went for a ride down the back roads to the prim store, that will be the second part of my post tomorrow. Then we went to Stonington Connecticut. It is a town on a peninsula and filled with historic homes that line the streets, which are so narrow, we had to pull over to let others pass. But it was well worth the drive down the narrow streets to get to the point, for a view of the Atlantic Ocean.

I took this photo with my iphone and noticed the rainbow of light coming down from the top, truly ethereal.


There is also a lighthouse museum, but it isn't open till next month.


After enjoying our visit at the Connecticut ocean, we rode back to Rhode Island and took a walk at the bird sanctuary. It was a bit windy and cool, but it was a nice brisk walk. Before we left the Stonington area, I saw a thrift store, of course I had to stop. I found a couple of yards of wool from one of the stores that closed a few years ago, only 3.00 for new wool, not bad. It is a tan brown, but looks grayer in the photo.


9 comments:

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Really nice day! Nice to see photos of your area again.

Anna said...

beautiful day! I love the stone the museum is constructed from!

~Laurie~ said...

Such nice ocean pictures!! Thank you for sharing with us :)

Dorothy said...

What a nice piece of wool. Glad to hear you had a good day.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your picture of the beach is very lovely.
Finding that wool would have made my day !
Rose

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Sounds like a fun day! Glad you had a good time! Can't wait to see what else you found... :-)

Kate said...

I enjoyed your post and the lovely photos.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Great photo's as always!

Raymond Homestead said...

Enjoyed the photos. Happy Easter!