Saturday, February 23, 2013

Primitive Table Bench!


I finally finished the table bench I was making for my friend's birthday. It is a bit late, but done.
I had finished it and grabbed a can of spray for the finish, except I had grabbed a can of red paint, ugh.

With the storms and cold, I didn't want to work in the basement, but I finally got down there and sanded off the red paint and repainted it black, then stained and put a real finish on it this time.

The pattern was from Mercantile Gatherings, 2010 Holiday Issue. The pattern itself is from the Wooden  
Nail. They sell patterns for different types of primitive wood items, so a good place to find patterns if you would like to make things for yourself. My husband made the bench and I do the finishing.




20 comments:

Barbara said...

Too cute, Debbie!

Robin Leuschen said...

Love it !! Gee, I have all the mags, I'm going to dig it out and see if Hubby will make me one...I love your paint job and such cute goodies sitting on it !!
Robin

Jacque. said...

ohmy...really nice!

Jacque. said...

ohmy...really nice!

paulette said...

Wow!! Very nice...what a team!!
P

Melody said...

This is fabulous. Wow

Anna said...

It adorable! I hope HH and I will be able to create things like that in our retirement.

Kate said...

I like it - a lot!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Love this table bench !!
And...that penny rug it is sitting on is beautiful. ;)
Rose

Cindy said...

Your home has just got to be so wonderful and inviting with all the wonderful goodies you make. Every time you post I adore what you create.

moosecraft said...

Love the bench! It's a "just right" size and height too!

The Eveningstitcher said...

That is so nice, Debbie! I need one of those to rest my feet on while hooking...just the perfect size! I love the little items you have sitting on it also! Great job!

Firecracker Kid said...

Ahh, one would never know you made a boo boo on it. It looks prim perfect.

Hugs~Carol

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Love it! I'll have to dig around and see if I have that issue!

Beckyjean said...

Love the bench & also the goodies on it!! Great job!!

Enjoy your day~Becky

Gayle said...

I love it - what a lucky friend! Would look great as part of a centerpiece on a farmtable!

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Really cute! The extra work was well worth it!

Dawn said...

What a great project! Good to have the kinks too for patterns. You have a fortunate friend.

The Joy of Needlework said...

Red paint, gees, my heart went out to you as I truly know the feeling of a goof up like that one.
The bench turned out wonderful and love it. Hugs, LenZie

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

How cute is this? I love that bench.