Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Primitive Pillows from Free Graphics!


A while ago, I had bought some Inkjet fabric sheets and decided it was time to try them.
I didn't know what I had bought, it says, sew in sheets, so I think I got the wrong type and wasn't sure if they would work.

The sheets are a bit stiff but that makes them nice for printing. They do print out nice and clear and the colors really come out nice. After you print them, you let them sit to dry the ink, then heat set them with an iron. I waited a day and then ran them under cold water, which sets the colors. The only thing was, the red shades did run, but as you can see by the photos, antiquing them, took the hue away.

This design I printed out, about a year ago and I think I got it from a free postcard site.


I found this alphabet print at The Graphics Fairy, loved these two the most and had to make them into pillows. Love the old time look to them.


The last two are also from The Graphics Fairy. I printed out too large, but they still make nice pillows to add to a spring or Easter setting. If you visit The Graphics Fairy, you can find a lot of wonderful designs to print for pillows or altered art pieces, lots of possibilities.

I really had fun making these and was so glad when they came out so nicely. Next time I will try the regular fabric sheets to see how those work.


18 comments:

annie said...

beautiful, loved them all!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Wow what a great idea!

Robin Leuschen said...

Oh my !! Love them all...but wow, do you have the link for the Alphabet americana ones ?? I would love to make some for my bedroom , which is all Americana !!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea!

cucki said...

so beautiful..i love them x

Melody said...

They look wonderful. I've been meaning to give this a try myself.

moosecraft said...

Love all of these! You're always finding fun stuff to do!

Cindy said...

I"ve often wondered about the inkjet fabric sheets. I actually do have some but have yet to try them.

I appreciate your letting us know how they work.

Raymond Homestead said...

How neat is that?! I've never seen inkjet fabric sheets.

Tiff said...

I'm in love with those last two!! but they all turned out fantastic.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Soooo cute! I love the bunny! Your antiquing is so perfect!

Carole said...

WOW! They turned out nice! I once had the bubble jet liquid stuff to create printable fabrics. I ended up giving them to a customer that wanted to try it. I think the sheets make a lot more sense. Thanks for sharing!

Carrie P. said...

neat idea. i like those black and white ones.

Dawn said...

Fun! These look great. I might have to use up my sheets I bought for photos and make them pillows!

The Joy of Needlework said...

OMG what wonderful printed pillows. Where in the world did you find such moce old prints? Hugs, LenZie

Firecracker Kid said...

Oooh, I love those! Is it easy to do? You just keep amazing me lil lady :)

Hugs~Carol

Karen said...

I have not had good luck running the inkjet sheet fabrics through the printer. What brand did you use? Love the vintage look pillows.

coinguyslady said...

They look very cool.