Thursday, November 29, 2012

Snowmen Ornies!


Yesterday I decided to make a couple of ornies to match my punched pieces. After I did the stitchery, I added a piece of batting and sewed that with the backing, rights sides together. Then I stitched around the edge and added a simple floss hanger. This was fun to do and worked up quick, and flat enough to add to a card. Great idea for any stitcheries you might have and an item you can put in a card, for that little extra.

I also added balsam fir to mine, since I wanted them scented, so it makes them a bit thicker. I also aged them ahead of time, since I didn't want to get the balsam wet.


Are you looking for the perfect gift for Christmas? Marylou Weidman is offering her book, Out of the Box, for half price and the money will go towards pajamas for the local homeless shelter. I think it is a wonderful idea and you would be  helping others as well as receiving a wonderful book. You can see more at her blog, Marylou and Whimsey Too!

10 comments:

paulette said...

Adorable!!
P

cucki said...

Aww so cute x

Barbara said...

Very cute!

Jeni said...

I love those, Debbie!!

Karen said...

Such a good idea to make the same snowman design into the ornies. I have some patterns for embroidered tags that I intended in making ornaments from. Have some of the embroidery done.

Fiona said...

they are lovely... you get things together so quickly....
Hugz

Beckyjean said...

Love them!!

Have a wonderful evening~Becky

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

I love these!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THESE!!! Actually is there anything you make I don't just love?

Becky said...

Absolutely adorable! Great idea for a wee remembrance gift.