Sunday, November 11, 2012

Christmas Punch Needle!


I bought a couple of new patterns when I went shopping and one was Seven Snowmen by All Through
the Night. It is a penny pattern, done with wool, but I like the small version for an idea I had. This will be the front of a pouch bag for a swap I am doing. I started out using 3 strands and valdani, but when I got to the background I knew it would drive me nuts, trying to fill it all in, so I switched to 6 strands and changed the height to make the background shorter. This way the design stands out more and gives it a 3D effect. It is hard to tell by the photo.

The tree is done with a floss that I over dyed. It looks crooked because I have it sitting on the frame. I also see some white, I still need to go over it and fix a few things and fill in the bare spots. I also plan on adding a few embellishments, that is why I left the buttons and star out of the piece. Of course I will have to antique it too. Once it is done, I will make it into a simple bag with a handle to hang on a door or peg rack.

Unfortunately the flash tends to darken areas of a piece and then when I lighten it in photoshop, it over lightens areas and makes the darker ones appear too dark and contrasting.


13 comments:

paulette said...

This is adorable!! Just lovely!
P

Allie said...

That is just darling Debbie, good job!

cucki said...

so sweet x

Deborah OHare said...

I don't know what it says about me but I love the grey background on this.

Anonymous said...

Cute! I'm envious of your punch needle talents!

Raymond Homestead said...

Cute cute! I'm ready to punch something again! (That doesn't quite sound very good does it?!)

Karen said...

Oh so cute. Good idea for the exchange. I am sure the recipient will be thrilled with the bag.

Vicki W said...

It's very pretty!

Pam in IL said...

That is so cute! I love it!!!! You make me want to start my Christmas decorating. Sure seems to be alot of *Christmas* around so early this year -- commercials, decorations in stores, carols on the radio, etc.

Carrie P. said...

really cute. I like the sky.

Jacquelynne Steves said...

It came out really cute. I like to do punch needle, but I have several "UFO's" sitting here in my sewing basket! lol

The Joy of Needlework said...

How adorable, Love it. LenZie

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww, this is adorable. I love the winter colors :)
Hugs!Carol